Chapter 28

Taehyung:

That evening after the meal had ended, I met with Emira, Jin, and Jungkook in the kitchen.  YN had went to her quarters with Yoongi and Emira decided to give them some time alone to reconnect.  I finally had a chance to talk to Jungkook about Yoongi, wanting to tease the younger man a little bit.  "So didn't know YN's best friend had a boyfriend, did you?"

Jungkook blushed and ducked his head and I could see right away that he was embarrassed at my question.  "I... I didn't realize.  They seemed so close.  I just assumed that... that they had a relationship."

I patted Jungkook's shoulder.  "Please stop worrying my friend.  It is so clear that YN loves you.  You can see it in her eyes every time she looks at you.  It's a look she had not once bestowed upon my brother."  Although I did like to tease the other man, I did feel a sense of sympathy for him as well.  He was so concerned that his love did not return the feelings and it was making things even more difficult for him than usual.  Hopefully soon he would realize YN truly did love him.

Emira turned to me, her eyes curious and a small smile on her face.  "Is everything in place for the coronation?"

Nodding my head, I gave Emira a reassuring smile.  "Yes.  I spoke to my contact and he has everything prepared."  A part of me felt guilty for the humiliation and shame I was about to put my brother through, but at the same time I knew he deserved it.  Each time I looked at his beautiful wife I couldn't believe everything he had put her through.  Not having any feelings for your wife in an arranged marriage was one thing, but having a mistress and then flaunting that mistress in front of your wife was another.  I hadn't missed the marks on Mina's neck and I know YN had seen them too. 

Emira grinned at me but then her smile dropped.  "I'm... I'm concerned about how Prince Soobin is going to react when everything happens.  He's been acting strange the last few days."

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair.  "Yes.  I'm aware.  My brother has fallen in love with his wife and is now trying to do everything he can to suddenly win her heart.  I believe he has realized that Mina will never be what he needs as the king."  I turned my attention to Jungkook whose eyes were wide with worry.  I knew he was thinking of the possibility of YN changing her mind, not being in love with him anymore, deciding to remain with my brother.  "It's going to be okay.  I promise you this.  Your girl loves you so very much."  I don't know how reassuring my words were to him, but at the moment it was the best I could do. 

Jungkook gave me a small smile, but I could tell it was forced.  There was something in him that was not allowing him to believe me, to trust me that she adored him as much as she did.  "I'm... I'm just a little concerned that YN will fall in love with him as well."  Jungkook's final words came out a little sad and I couldn't help but feel for him.

"Listen to me.  She loves you.  YN loves you.  Not once has she ever shown sadness for the obvious relationship between Soobin and Mina.  She may have been disappointed since she is so very loyal herself, but she was never truly upset.  However, the mere thought of you loving someone was enough to devastate her, to completely break her heart."  Emira moved from her seat and came over to Jungkook, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.  "Please trust me, trust us."

Jungkook took a deep breath and nodded.  "When I saw her in the garden, I fell so completely in love with her, never even guessing she was going to be announced as Soobin's betrothed.  When... when they got married, I felt as though my heart had shattered completely.  The idea that she loves me like I love her, it... it does something to my heart."

Jin grinned over at him then wrapped an arm around Emira who had returned to his side.  "Love does that to you sometimes."  Jin's voice was soft as he gazed down at the woman beside him.