Chapter 24

YN:

The next morning, I woke up with a heavy heart. I had such an amazing time with Jungkook the night before as he walked me back to my quarters. We didn't even talk much, but just being with him was enough to raise my spirits at the same time that it broke my heart. When Jungkook looked at me, it seemed as though I was the only girl in the world. But I knew his heart belonged to another.

I lay in my bed for a moment, thinking of the way Soobin has been acting over the last few days. If I didn't know any better, I would have almost thought he liked me. However, I immediately squashed that idea when I saw Mina at dinner. She had a plum colored mark on her collarbone that looked fresh. She had noticed me looking at it and ran a finger over it, almost taunting me. I wanted to laugh in her face since Soobin meant nothing to me. Did she really think she was hurting me? Had I been optimistic about the marriage? Sure, but over the last ten days, I have come to the realization that life is not a fairy tale. I am trapped in a loveless marriage to man with a mistress and I was desperately in love with someone who did not love me.

Sitting up in my bed, I tried to force myself to feel some enthusiasm and energy for the day, but it just wouldn't come. There was a soft knock on the door then Emira pushed it open. "Rise and shine princess! It's a beautiful day outside." Emira went to the heavy drapes and yanked them open, the early morning sun coming through the windows.

Protesting with a whine, I covered my face with my hands. "Uh... please no. Too early in the morning for your excitement."

Emira hopped onto my bed, making me topple backwards, a squeal of protest escaping from my lips. "You won't think that when you see the present I got you."

I eyed Emira suspiciously. "What present?"

"Not really into girl on girl action, but I could absolutely make an exception for you gorgeous," a voice said from the doorway.

I would know that voice anywhere! I dove out of bed and tackled the man who was standing just inside my doorway, knocking us both to the floor. "Yoongi! You're here! You're here! Wait... how are you here?"

Yoongi grinned at me, wrapping me tightly in hug and kissing my cheek before pushing me off of him and sitting up. "Damn gorgeous. If I would have known I would get that kind of reaction from you, I would have come a lot sooner."

I helped Yoongi to his feet, hugging him tightly again, unable to help the few tears that escaped my eyes. Although we kept in contact, I hadn't seen Yoongi in the two years since I left college. "What are you doing here?"

Yoongi jerked a hand over at Emira. "Your girl over here got in contact with me. Said my bestie was about to become a queen and I needed to get my ass here soon. I took the next flight out and here I am."

Turning to Emira, I gave her a grateful smile. She always seemed to know just what I needed and at this point, it was my other best friend. "I'm so happy you're here. I missed you so damn much."

Yoongi dropped the black duffle bag he was holding then looked around my room. "This is a nice room. This will work well while I'm here." Walking over to my bed, Yoongi flopped down on it. "Oh yes. This will work very nicely."

I smacked his arm. "You can't sleep in here. What will people say?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Yoongi closed his eyes. "Since when have I ever cared about what people will say? Plus, you spent more nights in my dorm room at college and in my bed than you did in your own."

Emira was watching the exchange between us, a surprised smile on her face. "Um... YN? Is there something you're not telling me?"

Yoongi and I looked at each and laughed, tears streaming down both of our faces. "As much as I love Yoongi, he's sadly already taken."