Chapter 27

Soobin:

As we continued walking through the village, the feelings I had for my beautiful wife began to overwhelm me. How had I not seen it from the beginning? The differences between YN and Mina were so glaringly obvious that it was like a sudden punch to the gut, a sudden attack in the middle of the day. One that was well deserved but completely unexpected.

The pink paper crown on YN's head fluttered in the breeze and I had to laugh. It was hard to believe that the princess was wearing something so simple, so silly and I once again couldn't help but compare her to Mina. When Mina had learned I was to be married, she had been furious and filled with rage. In an attempt to console her, I had bought her beautiful emerald earrings that I had designed with my jeweler. They had been stunning and unique, but the look on Mina's face when she had opened the box was nothing short of disgust. She had quickly masked the look but I had seen it. I had known right away that she had been disappointed that they weren't diamonds. I, however, had wanted something different for her.

YN had stopped walking again and I looked over to see what had caught her attention. A young mother was exiting a store, a infant in one hand and a handful of grocery bags in the other. She was struggling to open a stroller, but sadly no one had stopped to help her. Until YN. Rushing over to the young woman, YN spoke to her gently for a moment. The young woman smiled and held out the baby.

Taking the baby gently in her arms, YN gazed down at its tiny face, hair covered with a yellow hat. Jungkook and Jimin joined YN, offering to hold the woman's bags. Within moments, the woman had the stroller open and a look of relief crossed her face. She turned to YN, giving her a smile. I moved a little closer wanting to be in the presence of YN's smile and kindness.

"Thank you so much your highness."

YN smiled softly, her gaze still directed to the baby in her arms. "It was no problem at all. You have such a beautiful baby." Holding the baby out, I could see the look of reluctance at having to return the child.

Giving her baby a sweet kiss before placing it in the stroller, the woman grinned. "Thank you. She's such a good baby so I've been quite fortunate."

Patting the woman gently on the shoulder, YN nodded. "You're very fortunate indeed."

After speaking to the woman for a few more minutes, YN bid her farewell and continued along the streets. Jungkook remained by her side and I could see the warmth in her eyes when she gazed at the other man, warmth that was clearly missing when she looked at me. He said something that made her laugh and the musical sound floated through the village, causing others to turn at the sound and smile. The princess was clearly adored by the villagers and everyone other person who met her. How could I have not seen it? What have I done?

I had risked everything, my kingdom, my marriage, everything for a woman who was not faithful to me, a woman who I didn't even know if she truly loved me. Had I really loved her? After seeing my reactions to YN, at this point, I really didn't know.

After spending another hour in the village, we returned to the palace just in time for the noon meal. YN's friend from college, Yoongi, was already seated. He jumped out of his seat, bounding over and wrapping her in a huge hug. The sight of her in the other man's arms caused a wave of jealousy to crash over me.

"You were gone so long! Your sidekick here was bullying me!" Yoongi gestured towards Emira with a roll of his eyes.

"Don't listen to him YN. I merely said we had plenty of guest rooms available and he couldn't nap in your bed. The maid was trying to clean your room this morning and he was passed out."

YN laughed then patted Yoongi's hand. "Poor Yoongi. Are you not getting enough sleep?" She clicked her tongue at him in mock disapproval. "Spending too much time behind that piano of yours, I imagine?"