Chapter 8

Soobin:

After leaving Mina in the garden, I went into my suite to clean myself up. I didn't need to run into anyone with her bright lipstick smeared across my skin. I showered quickly, throwing on clean black pants and a white dress shirt. I rolled up the sleeves and then headed out of the room after putting on my shoes.

I walked past the library and noticed YN in there with her lady's maid. Although I had no feelings towards my wife, I did have to admit she was beautiful. Her long hair was pulled into a high ponytail and it swung gently around her face whenever she moved her head. The servants in the castle absolutely adored her and I could definitely understand why. She was extremely kind to everyone, including Mina. I was impressed with the way she had handled the situation at breakfast. I didn't want to admit it, but Mina was in the wrong with the way she disrespected both my brother and my wife. Mina may not like her, but YN is the princess after all and will be queen at the end of the next ten days.

YN let out a laugh that I had not heard from her before. In the last six months, although she would give me polite smiles, I had not heard a genuine laugh from her. The sound was almost musical and it made me want to hear it again. I turned away from the room, not liking where my thoughts were headed. This was an arranged marriage, nothing more, but why did the sight of her smiling and laughing with her lady's maid cause a strange sensation in my chest. She was vastly different from Mina in every way. Mina was, and I hate to admit it, very superficial. There were times I believed she loved me because of my station in life.

When our relationship became serious, Mina had mentioned marriage to me and how wonderful it would be to become queen. After the marriage to YN was arranged, Mina was furious. She yelled at me and told me I didn't really love her. I did love her, but the behavior was shocking to say the least. Our relationship had been strained for a while, but she forgave me when I presented her with a large diamond ring. I told her that the ring was my promise that she was my real wife, even if she couldn't be legally.

I couldn't help but compare the two women. When I first met YN, she was extremely polite. She addressed me with kindness and told me that she hoped the marriage would be a long lasting and successful one. The hope in her eyes told me her words were real, but at the time, I was disgusted at the idea of an arranged marriage. I barely acknowledged her and spent as little time with her as possible. During the official wedding dance, I had sneered at the idea of spending the night with her. I knew she was hoping the marriage would be a real one, but it was not going to happen. Although my wife was beautiful, she did not have my heart.

The only concern I had was the idea of producing an heir. As queen, she would be required to produce my heir. Even though the idea of having sex with her was not one I really wanted to think about, she was beautiful enough to make the experience pleasurable to some extent. Since she was sheltered in her own palace, I was almost certain she would be a virgin. It had been some time since I had taken a woman's virginity. Mina had several lovers before we met, so the experience was missing with her.

As I passed the kitchen, I overheard Chef Jin commenting to one of the kitchen servants about the kindness of the princess. She had managed to win over all of the palace workers, including the most vicious of them all. The hostler Kai was a harsh and violent man. He had several bloody fights with the other men, but he had a true gift when it came to dealing with horses, so he was permitted to remain in his position. When he had spent time with YN, he had turned into a soft kitten begging for her attention. He personally selected and trained her private mount, even going so far as to requesting the princess choose a name for the gorgeous animal. He had a sign with the name designed in fancy cursive and decorated with flowers then surprised her when he showed it hanging over the animal's stall. YN had thanked him with a sweet smile and he had almost melted in front of her.

Even though I didn't want to marry YN in the first place, there was no denial that her sweet nature and kind demeanor were going to make her a queen the people loved and respected. She would be a queen that would bring harmony to the kingdom.

YN:

Over the next few days, I avoided Mina as much as possible. She would join us for meals, flaunting herself in front of the men. Taehyung and Jungkook ignored her as much as possible. Several times I had come across her and Soobin's kissing in various places in the castle. One time Mina had noticed me before I could get away and let out an extra loud moan that I am sure was for my benefit.

This morning, I was spending time in the rose garden. The palace roses were some of the most beautiful and this was one of my favorite places. The roses were further back in the garden and almost hidden away. I had just sat down on a bench in front of the rose bush with the book the handsome man had recommended when I heard voices. I recognized the voices of Mina and Soobin and tried to leave, but there was no time to get out. I hid behind the largest bush as they came into the area.

I watched in horror as Soobin pulled her into his arms, pressing his lips to hers. After a moment, he slid his fingers underneath her extremely short skirt. From the look on her face and the moans spilling from her lips, I could only guess what he was doing.

I closed my eyes to avoid the sight, but opened them again when I heard Soobin's voice. He had pulled his fingers from her and was licking them clean. He looked around before undoing his belt and pulling out his erection. He lifted her so her legs wrapped around his hips and thrust into her. I turned away and closed my eyes, but I could hear the moment happening so close to me. From his groans and grunts, I could tell he was getting close. He let out a large groan then I didn't hear much else besides the sounds of them kissing. He said something to her quietly and I heard them move away.

I stepped out from behind the rose bush and saw Mina standing in front of me with her arms crossed and a smug smile on her face. "Enjoy the show princess?" she asked, looking at her nails as though they were far more entertaining than the words she was waiting for from me.

I didn't say anything, but moved to walk past her. She grabbed my wrist and dug her nails in sharply, causing tears to spring to my eyes. "Let me go," I said, partly in anger and partly in pain.

Mina laughed at my response. "I knew you were there. You left your precious book on the bench. I don't know what you think will happen, but you need to remember that this marriage of yours is in name only. Soobin loves me and only me. Where do you think he sleeps at night? Since obviously it's not with you," she sneered.

I looked at her in horror, even though I knew she was right.

Mina smiled. "Yes princess. Your husband climbs into my bed at night. He kisses my lips. He takes off my clothes. He buries himself in my body. And you? You sit in your beautiful bedroom. Alone," she snarled.

I turned to leave, but she gripped my wrist tighter. "Just remember that, princess, the next time you think this might end up to be a real marriage," she said sweetly.

I yanked my wrist from her grasp, picked up my book and hurried out of the garden. I couldn't stop the tears. Even though I knew Soobin didn't love me, the vicious words she had thrown at me were too much.