Chapter 32

Jungkook POV:

As I made my way out to the training field, I couldn't stop the anger that washed over me. Who the fuck did that woman think she was? Think she was allowed to treat YN that way? Think she was allowed to put her hands on a princess like that? I stomped onto the field, muttering to myself the whole way. Jimin stopped me with a hand on my shoulder. "Hey. You alright?" His eyes were filled with concern as he studied my face.

I gave a short nod. "Fine. That... that fukcing bitch slapped YN. Slapped her. She has a fucking red hand print on her cheek."

Jimin's eyes widened. "Mina? She... she slapped her highness?

Nodding my head, I tried to calm the rage filling my body, threatening to overflow and take over. "Yes. Something about Prince Soobin. Apparently his highness ended their relationship. That... his mistress decided to take her anger out on YN."

"Wow. I... I knew that woman was crazy, but I would never believe she would attack the princess. What did Prince Soobin do about it?"

I ran a hand through my hair then tugged on the ends in a gesture of frustration. "From what I gather, he kicked her out of the palace. He came to the kitchen afterwards, told YN that Mina was leaving for good."

Jimin nodded in understanding. "That's good to know. At least she won't be there anymore, won't be able to put her hands on the princess again."

"No one better ever put their hands on her again." Attempting to keep the anger from my voice, I took a deep breath. "But I can't think about that right now. There is something I need to talk to you about." Tilting his head in question, Jimin gestured for me to continue. "During the ceremony preceding the coronation tomorrow, some... information is going to be made available to the public. A contact of Prince Taehyung has provided a video that shows the proof of the prince's infidelity."

Jimin's mouth dropped in surprise. "You... you do realize what is going to happen, right? The people are going to be furious. There is no way they will accept him as king after that."

"I know. That's what we're counting on. YN does not love him and she does not wish to rule by his side. She has been caught in the middle of their scandalous affair and it is not right. She is too kind, too caring to be subjected to this life, this type of treatment. Right after the reveal, it is my job to take YN from the palace. Kai will be arranging our horses and accommodations."

Nodding his head, Jimin laid a hand on my arm. "What do you need from me?" His question surprised me. He was so ready to do what I asked of him without question. It showed his loyalty to not only YN, but also me.

"I would like you to accompany us. There is no one I trust more than you. You have proved your abilities time and again. We will be leaving right after the footage is revealed. Kai knows to have Sugar Holly ready, along with two other mounts. I want you to come with us." Jimin was as closer to me than anyone else and the thought of leaving him behind was too painful to fathom. I didn't know what would happen after we left the palace. I didn't know if either of us would be able to return. We were betraying the prince in the most obvious way possible and my biggest worry was that we would be tried for treason.

Jimin nodded. "Of course. I would like nothing more. Princess YN is too good for this place, for this life. If there is a way to take her away from it, I will happily be part of it. You've never steered me wrong before. I trust you completely."

I gave Jimin a quick hug, grateful for his willingness to believe in me. This task would be dangerous for all of us and I knew he was risking quite a lot by agreeing to it. As we approached the training field, I caught sight of Jackson, his face serious as he completed the last day of training. I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor boy. He adored YN and had been looking forward to being part of her security detail. A wave of guilt washed over me as I thought of the last few days. I wish I could have told him the truth after everything came to light, after the plan was put into place, but it was better this way. By not knowing anything, Jackson would be safe, safe from interrogation, safe from being put under the microscope and being inspected like a specimen, like something to be viewed then discarded.