Chapter 27 - Jealous Conflict

I don't really like this chapter too much but I promise I'll try and write something better next chapter!

Also I know you guys have been waiting for this one but ya girl had visual merch week at her real job but it's over now! More time to write!!
Love y'all ❤
----------------------------------------------------

Kate, Rich, Dani and I all headed to the bar together where sitting at an outside table with a schooner of beer was none other than Mike himself. He spotted us and put down his phone which he was glued to before, a smile beaming on his face.

"Hey everyone! How's it going!" He got up from the chair and hugged everyone, he got to Rich and stuck out his hand.

"Mike. I'm Felicia's partner."

"I heard, I heard. Rich." He smiled, shaking his hand.

"Good to meet you." Mike turned to me and gave me a kiss. "How are you feeling?"

Rich scrunched his nose at the sight and sat down at the table, we all followed and sat down together.

"I'm good. I've only had a couple of seizures today. Compared to what... 14 from the other day? Medication must be working."

"That's good, that's good. So I'm curious, who wants to tell me what on earth happened with that phone call before?" Mike asked the table. We all took our chance to explain the afternoon and the outcome of it, which also explained why Rich has suddenly appeared with our group. We all ended up getting our drinks and talking a bit more amongst ourselves. I can't have much alcohol with my meds so I just sipped on some cold water for now. I don't know why but I feel some sort of tension between Rich and Mike. It's not the same tension I felt when Mike was mad at Cristine, this was.. different?

"So how long have you known Felicia, Mike?" Rich asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Aw jeez, probably-"

"We've known each other for 4 years now. I think almost 5." Rich didn't even let him finish.

"Oh? I didn't realize you guys had a history?"

"Oh, you have no idea-"

"Rich and I met back in Canberra. He was a student paramedic back when I started at GM&D." I cut him off before he gave Mike the wrong impression.

"Cool! Do you like being a paramedic?" Mike asked in what I thought was a friendly tone until he pulled the same trick Rich just pulled on him.

"Oh yeah, I really find-"

"I've been a board-certified family medicine physician for about half a decade." Mike took a sip from his drink, eye contact never breaking.

"Oh.. that's pretty cool. You two work together?"

"Yeah, Celia just got moved up actually. Closer to my main office at Overlook."

"I go back to work in a few days and I have a new title. Medical Administrative Services Manager."

"Congrats, I know how desperate you were to get a promotion back at GM&D before you considered working with me."

"You wanted to be a paramedic?" Mike asked.

"Oh, she did. Very much so. I guess I have that effect on-"

"BUT I decided I really liked being an administrator." I cut in again. "Hey Kate, Dani, I decided I'm gonna go get a cocktail, would you come with me to the bar?"

"Celia, you shouldn't be having alcohol with your meds, it might make you feel ill, babe." Mike interjected. Rich once again cringed.

"I'm okay. Just one drink. I promise. Girls?" I gave them the 'Please help me' eyes and they both caught on.