SEVENTEEN

𝐿𝑜𝑠 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠,𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑎 1971

Five year old Delaney king was sprawled out on the floor on her stomach,colouring in a Purple Heart that she had drawn especially for her mother. The small girl accidentally snapped her crayon when she heard the sound of glass breaking in the kitchen,she tried to put it back together but threw it on the floor with a huff when she finally realised it could not be fixed.

Delaney heard the sound of heavy boots and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion,her mother didn't wear boots and even if she did they wouldn't make that much noise. Just then a large man came into her line of vision with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other,the man was unfamiliar so Delaney carefully started to pack her crayons away,not wanting to get in trouble for making a mess.

She stood to her feet when her mother appeared,a smile breaking out on the small girls face. Holding the piece of paper tightly in her hands she carefully tiptoed around old broken bits of glass until she was infront of her mother,lifting the paper she tugged on her mothers hand with a big smile "mommy I drew you a picture" the girl exclaimed happily as she turned it round to face the woman,the Purple Heart now in view.

Her mother scoffed and tore the paper out of the girls hands before ripping it in two and throwing it back at her,taking another swig out of the bottle of vodka she had clutched in her hand. "Go to your room" she slurred at the girl whilst she wrapped her arms around the strange mans neck and began to kiss him.

Delaney's lip quivered and tears built up in her piercing blue eyes as she turned and walked away to her room with her head down. Upon entering the small room she sighed looking at the little droplets of water that were leaking through and falling into the little bowl she had placed there to stop a puddle from forming. The girl walked over to the mattress that was placed in the corner of the room that happened to be her bed and the only thing in the dull room except for a cardboard box that held her small selection of clothes.

The girl looked out of her window to the park that was on the other side of the street,hearing the laughter of the other kids as they played with their friends and their parents. Delaney crawled under the thin sheet that was her only source of warmth in the cold and lonely room and curled into a ball and closed her eyes,trying to think of a happy place and what it would be like to be pushed on the swings by her mother,or to play catch with the other kids,to even be loved by her mother.

The small girl would come to understand in the following years that her mother was a selfish bitch who hated her daughter and wanted nothing to do with her,she would come to hate the though of living until she met the curly haired boy named Saul,who changed her life forever.

Slash will be in the next chapter,there are gonna be a few of these chapters. Let me know what you guys think of this~Scarlett