Eighteen

𝙻𝚘𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜,𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚊 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟷

Saul Hudson moved to LA in 1971,his mother had been living there already whilst he stayed back in England with his father. The boy was excited to be moving to America since he had missed his mother so much and couldn't wait to be living with her again.

Saul had been in LA for a week before he met Delaney,he was walking down the street hand in hand with his mother when he spotted a little girl sitting on the steps that led to what looked like an apartment building. Her chocolate brown hair was blowing around her face with the wind and she had her head down,playing with the hem of her dirty t-shirt.

Saul thought the girl looked sad and tugged Ola's hand to get her attention "hey mom,can we get the little girl an ice cream too because she looks sad and ice cream makes everyone happy?" The boy asked enthusiastically as he jumped up and down slightly. The older woman looked from her son to where he was pointing and she noticed the small girl who was now looking up at the park across the street with a sad look on her face.Ola smiled slightly and gripped her sons hand a little bit tighter as they began to make their way towards the girl.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Delaneys head snapped up at the sound of the voice and was met with a pretty woman who had a warm smile etched onto her face,wiping the snot from her nose on the sleeve of her top the small girl nodded slightly and looked down at the little boy by the woman's side. "Where's your mommy?" The woman questioned as she noticed the absence of and adult with the child.

"Mommy went to the bar because she said she doesn't want to look after me" she sniffled as she repeated the words her mother had told her hours before when she locked her daughter out of the apartment and told her to just sit there on the stairs. Ola felt her blood begin to boil at the thought of someone abandoning their child but she kept calm and the smile once again returned to her face "well my name is Ola and this is my son Saul,we were just on our way to get some ice cream,would you like to come with us?" She asked the girl who had now curled into herself and moved the hair out of her eyes.

"Mommy told me to stay here or I would get in trouble" she said in a small voice that made the mother feel a pang of sadness in her heart for the small girl. "Well that's alright honey,we'll make sure your back here before your mom gets home okay?" Ola said as she tried to convince the girl,and it seemed to do the trick as Delaney nodded her head and stood to her feet. "Great! Let's go get some ice cream" Ola exclaimed as her son giggled at her tone of voice.

Saul peeked around the front of his mother to look at Delaney who was holding Ola's other hand so he could talk to her "what's your name?" He questioned with a big grin "my names Delaney" she revealed,once again moving her hair out of her face,noticing this Ola came to a Stand still and crouched to the girls height,letting go of her sons hand for a moment "do you want me to tie your hair back so it isn't in your face sweetie?" The kind woman offered as she pulled a thick black hair tie off of her wrist. Nodding her head quickly Delaney grinned and turned so her back was facing Ola while the woman pulled the girls hair into a neat little poinytail.

"Thank you Ola" they were now approaching the ice cream shop and Delaney could feel her mouth watering as she looked at all of the different colours and flavours,she had never had ice cream before so she didn't know any of the flavours or what they tasted like. The three of them stood infront of the counter and Saul immediately picked his favourite flavour,chocolate. When it was delaneys turn to pick she stood there and stared for a solid five minutes before looking up at Ola and shyly admitting she had never had ice cream before.

The women nodded in understanding and began to explain to the girl what flavours her and Saul liked and what the nicest ones were. In the end the small girl picked chocolate and was not disappointed,the two children walked over to an available booth whilst Ola waited at the counter for their ice cream. Once the three of them were sat together they had lots of conversation and Delaney learned lots about slash and Ola and since there wasn't much to learn about the little girls,they only learnt very little. But Delaney had the best day of her life that day,because she made her first ever friend.

Hey guys,sorry I've not really been active I have had the worst headache for a week straight and I've honestly been laying around doing nothing,it's still pretty bad but I'm going for an eye test tommorow so hopefully I can get to the bottom of it. Anyway this chapter was just a little bit of background on Brie and how she met slash,I'm thinking of maybe doing another two or three of these chapters before getting back into the actual book,thoughts?

As always votes and comments are appreciated and I just want to say thank you guys so much for all of your support on all of my books,it really means alot. ~𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝 ✌︎︎