Beauty on the Inside | Gyutaro x Fem!Reader (Fluff)

Requested by Kio_RamaSaki

(f/f): Favorite food

---

Night in the Red Light District didn't feel like night at all. The bright lights overpowered the dark sky topped with the fact that the town was packed most at night. (Y/n) limped on a broken foot amongst the crowd of more privileged people who kept a good ten foot distance from her, giving her faces of disgust that she was used to. Her stomach ached of a fierce hunger acquired by half a year of starvation. She was all skin, bones and maggot filled scars of past beatings from her neglectful parents. It was a miracle that she was even walking.

(Y/n) limped into an alleyway behind a restaurant whose trashcans she knew was always overflowing with leftovers and expired food. Today she wasn't as lucky unfortunately. All that remained were moldy loaves of bread. All the other somewhat edible foods had been taken by other homeless. She still ate the whole loaf though in desperation to soothe her hunger then laid down to sleep on the dirty floor.

---

It was the late hours of the night when (Y/n) was jolted from her sleep by a sharp pain in her stomach. Like a knife had been driving through and twisted around her guts to make them mushy. It took her a moment to register how scorching hot her body was and the pool of sweat she was laying over.

It must have been the bread. She surmised whilst clutching her gurgling stomach and shivered from body chills. She suddenly vomited the half digested bread, her body growing weak with each passing minute. Once her stomach was empty, she scoot as far as she could from the vomit and closed her eyes again hoping to pass peaceful in her sleep.

Not an hour had passed when (Y/n) was woke up again. This time by the sharp tip of something poking at her shoulder. She glanced up and the first thing she saw was an unusual colored sickle made of some fleshy material.

"Oh, you're still alive." A dry voice muttered.

(Y/n) looked passed the sickle to its wielder. A horrid sight of a pale-gray, black spotted man whose upper torso, arms and legs were muscular, yet his waist was ghastly thin. Thinner than (Y/n) herself. It was only noticeable since his had no shirt on. Just a pair of baggy blue pants and cloth wrapped around his arms and neck.

"Absolutely pathetic." The man cackled earning a dry 'huh' from a weakened (Y/n). "You ate some of the moldy food from this joint didn't you. You've come down with liver disease. I know it. I was in your shoes once upon a time, but you know what I did? I kept on living. I kept walking and supporting myself and my dear sister despite the pain while hear you are lying down and waiting for your death man. Pathetic. Oh well. They call it survival of the fittest for a reason."

"I was just tired." (Y/n) mumbled in an irritated manner as she sat up then slowly stood on her feet albeit a bit wobbly from delirium. The man seemed pleased by her effort to prove him wrong.

"So, you do have some fight. Tell you what. I know a way out of this situation. You can become a demon and perhaps rise to the ranks of the upper moons." He reached his hand out. "What's your choice?"

(Y/n) didn't think too long about it. She wanted to get off of the streets. If that were possible by being a demon, then so be it. She reached out and took his hand in hers. Then there came a sharp pain as the man drove his sharp nail into her wrist and inject blood into her.

---

(Y/n) waited in silence, stalking a rich couple who both happened to be marechi. She stalked them until they were in a more quiet part of town then killed them both in cold blood before either had the chance to notice her.