Motherly Instinct | Muichiro x Mother!Reader (Angst + Fluff)

Requested by @uwukoyuki   

(P/n): pet name

---

The streets of Asakusa were emptied aside from passing drunkards ever so often due to it being the late night hours. The winter winds howled through the silent wind. (Y/n) and her newborn son, Muichiro, laid sleeping on the side of the street fully exposed to the cold. (Y/n) was hit the hardest having given her sweater to bundle Muichiro up in its warmth yet she brushed the chill aside to focus on shielding Muichiro from it even as she slept. The tapping sound of approaching footsteps made her wake up. A well-dressed man with plum red eyes stopped in front of her making her tighten her hold on Muichiro.

The man pierced (Y/n)'s neck with a tentacle-like arm while muttering something about seeing if (Y/n) will be able to overcome the sun. She blacked out but made sure to shield Muichiro from the man. Even while unconscious, she could feel a burning feeling surged throughout her body as she convulsed in pain. When she came to, the pain was gone. In its place was strength she never had and the intense, instinctual craving for flesh; Muichiro being the most convenient prey option.

NO! NO! NO! Not him! An instinct deep within her screamed, almost commanded her to spare her baby and she had no problem doing just that, but she was hungry. (Y/n) quickly went searching for the flesh she instinctual craved all whilst carrying the peacefully sleeping Muichiro in her arms. She thanked his aloof personality for making him rather oblivious to the situation. (Y/n) didn't have to walk far before she caught the scent of a woman and man in a dead end street but it seemed as if they knew she was coming as once she turned the corner a teal haired man pinned her to the ground causing Muichiro to start crying.

(Y/n) almost completely forgot about the situation and her hunger as she began rocking him back to sleep. Meanwhile, the woman had told the man to back off and both watched (Y/n) do her duties as a mother.

"She is a demon, but the kid is a human. So how?" The man mumbled to the woman who remained silent until (Y/n) finally put Muichiro to sleep then she approached the girl.

"Come with us. It's almost morning." The woman and man walked through the wall of the dead end. (Y/n) had no second thoughts about them. She felt non-threatening, yet familiar vibes from them so she took the risk and followed them to their home passed the wall.

---

"...." (Y/n) looked down at Muichiro in her arms. The woman who had introduced herself as Tamayo had explained to (Y/n) that she had become a demon and all the life changes it would bring. "... what about Muichiro?"

"He's still human. Nothing will change for him." Tamayo replied but (Y/n) knew well that his life will be different from other kids... if he stayed with her. As a demon, she'd have to feast on blood to keep her hunger satisfied. She wouldn't be able to take him out to play in the sun. Plus, she was now a wanted fugitive for having escaped the demon progenitor Muzan's control. The two would spent their lives hiding and running from him and his subordinates.

(Y/n) knew what she had to do to at least give him a normal life. The idea of it made her tear up but she knew she'd be doing him a favor. "He should go... to a normal, loving family."

A single nod from Tamayo and the search for an adopted family began.

---

(Y/n) walked around the outskirts of Asakusa basking in the moonlight after a long day of assisting Tamayo and Yushiro at the clinic. It was nice to go out of the hide-out every once in a while. Though the garden made for a great view, at this time of year (Y/n) liked to walk around town whenever she could. It was like a walk down memory lane as this was around the time when Muichiro was adopted a few years ago. Even though (Y/n) took part in selecting the right family, not a day went by when she thought about him. About how calm and aloof he was.