Sleep Tight | Enmu x Reader (Fluff)

Requested by Kio_RamaSaki

---

"Ugh." (Y/n) tossed and turned in their bed for the sixth night in a row. "Ughhhhh!" They groaned in frustration and got off their bed and walked to the engawa for some air. The moon shone brightly illuminating the garden. The fresh air was much needed after hours of being in that stuffy bedroom trying to fall asleep. Sitting outside in the calm quiet scenery of night soothed (Y/n)'s frustration of having insomnia. That and they were waiting for something else. Something that began a few weeks ago following a trip to visit some family in a town that required a train ride.

(Y/n) couldn't deny that the ride there and back were the most fulfilling sleeps they had. Both train rides were full of many other passengers yet (Y/n) would wake up to find themselves as the last remaining passenger. Their optimism chalked it up to the other passengers reaching their destination before them, but it was still an eerie event.

"Blood Demon Art: Whispers of Forced Unconscious Hypnosis." A soundwave rung out and (Y/n) fell asleep in an instant just they always did each time they sat on the engawa.

---

(Y/n) woke up and rubbed the sleep from their eyes then stretched letting out a sigh of relief. Despite their insomnia problem, they always woke up refreshed after each night in the engawa. The first time it happened (Y/n) spent the next day questioning the whole thing. They were certain they had fallen asleep on the engawa but woke up in their futon. Not that they were complaining. (Y/n) looked to the clock beside their nightstand and their eyes widened.

"One p.m. That's a new record." They mumbled taking their time getting out of bed since today was a free day. Thus, they were able to reflect on the strange dream they had last night of a man on a train.

"Go to Mugen train and sit in the last cart." He instructed before the dream cut out. 

It intrigued (Y/n). This nightly occurrence has been going on since the train ride. Perhaps that man was waiting for them. He had mentioned that he can help them with their sleep problems much like he did before during the train rides and last night. With that said, (Y/n) decided to go to said train tonight and see for themselves.

---

"Mugen train will be departing soon. All aboard." The speaker announced. (Y/n) managed to get the last remaining ticket and boarded the last cart. It was empty. The overhead lights flickered rapidly giving it an eerie feeling.

"You finally made it." A low, whimsical voice startled (Y/n). They turned to see the man from their dream entering the cart from the window.

"Who are you?" (Y/n) asked somewhat nervous due to the man's aura. They looked him up and down scanning his features but what drew caught their attention were his eyes. The right one had a horizontal line instead of a pupil while the left was engraved with the kanji for "Lower Moon One."

"Enmu. I'm the one who has been putting you to sleep. I can continue doing so but only if you help me."

(Y/n) tilted their head with curiosity and pressed for Enmu to continue. It was then that Enmu gave them instruction on diving into the passengers' dreams and destroying their spiritual core. He didn't reveal the fact that he was a demon who feasted on the passengers nor about the risks of the job. (Y/n) agreed to it since it helped their insomnia. From then on, (Y/n) served as one of Enmu's human minions in exchange for being able to sleep. They had the last cart to themselves as Enmu blocked it off to be their sleeping quarters.

(Y/n) would go out during the day to get food and other necessities but otherwise they were always in the train. Enmu would recruit other humans to do the same thing each night but (Y/n) was the only one remaining each time. Enmu admits he was intrigued by (Y/n) since the first time he saw them in the train. The peaceful look on their sleeping face was new to him. All other passengers treated sleep like a mediocre thing. Not (Y/n). Sleep was precious to them due their insomnia. Seeing them wake up looking refreshed and ready for a new day made Enmu warm up to them. Thus, they were the only human he spared.

(Y/n) in turned took a liking to Enmu. They even had dreams about him that weren't caused by his blood demon art. Right now, they were seated atop the front cart. (Y/n) rubbed their hands together to keep warm from the chilling wind.

"Enmu can I have your coat? It's cold."

Enmu grins that (Y/n)'s adorableness. "If I give you my coat then I won't put you to sleep. Choose wisely."

"..." (Y/n) pouted and hugged themselves to keep warm. "Sleep it is."

"Very well." Enmu used his blood demon art to put (Y/n) to sleep. They still held themselves as they slept. The chilly wind made them flinch and hold themselves tightly. Hadn't it not been for Enmu's blood demon art, the chill would have awoken (Y/n).

Enmu gave in to the pout that remained on (Y/n) sleeping face. He wrapped them in his coat and pull them to him for extra warm. "Nen nen korori. Kon korori. Forget to breathe kon korori. And even if a demon comes, kon korori. Even in the stomach, kon korori." Enmu looked at (Y/n). "Not that I'd kill you."

Enmu scooped (Y/n) up his arms and went to the last train cart. He laid them on one of the seats and watched their sleeping form. A strange fuzzy feeling crept up his chest the longer he looked at them. He knew what that feeling indicted nor could he deny it. He had fallen in love with (Y/n). He leaned over and planted a light kiss on their lips smirking to himself when he pulled away.

"Sleep tight." He muttered before heading back to his post. There he spent his time practicing his proposal to turn (Y/n) into a demon so they may live together forever. 

---

"Enmu, I finished." (Y/n) announced earning a nod from Enmu. It had been a week since (Y/n) took Enmu's proposal to become a demon. They could easily disguise their aura to look human, so they still roamed among the passengers. (Y/n) sat beside Enmu. "May I sleep now."

Enmu raised an eyebrow. "Demons don't need sleep. Besides your blood demon art relies on lack of sleep."

"I know that, but I love to sleep."

Enmu smirked. "No."

(Y/n) pouted. "Please~. Please~. Please~." They pleaded continuously until Enmu gave in and put them to sleep. Their head rested on Enmu's shoulder. His smirk turned into a smile watching (Y/n) peaceful sleeping face.

He planted a kiss on their forehead. "Sleep tight."