As a Mother | Child!Muzan x Fem!Reader (Fluff)

Requested by Kio_RamaSaki

---

Muzan walked out of Asakusa in a wary state after encountering a certain burgundy haired boy wearing hanafuda earrings. Said demon slayer had uncovered Muzan's life as a "husband". There was a possibility that the demon slayer corps would seek out his wife and daughter. He wasn't willing to take any chances. He left with no second thought. No regard for the promise he made to his daughter to return home.

At least I won't have to deal with that clingy brat or my needy wife anymore. He thought to himself as he walked further away from his fake life.

---

Muzan sat in the library of his new home for the time being at least. He had since taken the form of a child around thirteen years old. The old couple who found him out in the cold had failed to have any children in their time together, something Muzan couldn't miss out in exploiting.

His demon hearing could pick up a conversation the old man was having with some visitors in a room further down the hall from the library. He smirked as he overheard the old man say that he was going to pass down his wealth and manor to Muzan since he was the closest, he had to an heir.

Perfect. That old fart is a doctor. Even if I don't find any information on the blue spider lily from these books, I'll at least have access to more medical information I could use in the future.

A knock at the door sounded. Once Muzan gave his permission to enter the door slowly opened, a (h/c) haired maid walking in with a cart of food. "Toshikuni-sama, it's dinnertime."

"Oh, set it on the table." Muzan didn't care much for eating human food. He was a demon after all. He needed flesh, not food. The maid was having none of it, however. She knew he'd just leave the food there to grow cold and stale.

"Please take a break, Toshikuni-sama. You can't study on an empty stomach." The maid demanded which to Muzan's surprise. "I understand if you don't want to eat at the dinner table with the others, but you still need to eat."

A vein popped out of Muzan's forehead. This woman was acting too much like a mother, but she wasn't his mother. "I don't need to listen to you. So, what if I don't want to eat. I'm not skin and bones so why should it matter."

"I am your maid. Its my duty to look out for your wellbeing. I politely ask that you put down the book and come eat." The maid said, emphasizing the 'politely'.

Muzan huffed and did as what was told of him, knowing from previous experience that this maid wouldn't take no for an answer. He ate in a rush, nearly choking on the food but the maid was by his side patting his back to loosen up the lodged food and lightly scolding him.

Nuisance. That was the only way Muzan could describe the maid in his head as he finished the food then got back to his studies. The maid silently cleaned up the table then left momentarily to take the empty plates and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning before coming back.

"Leave me alone." Muzan's order was low, coming out as a threat but the maid didn't budge.

"You're alone too often, Toshikuni-sama. Its bad for your social life."

I've been alone for centuries. What difference does this make? Muzan thought to himself as he ignored the maid and continued on with his studies.

---

Day in and day out, the maid would continue her duties of caring for Muzan, well Toshikuni as the household knew him. Her suggestions which came across more as orders in Muzan's eyes were unrelenting.

"Toshikuni-sama, time to eat."

"Toshikuni-sama you should go out for fresh air tonight."

Toshikuni-sama this, Toshikuni-sama that. Yet, Muzan had grown unbothered by the maid's suggestions. They were great for his own wellbeing which he hadn't noticed wasn't the best until now. Where once he'd pull countless all-nighters since demons don't need sleep, he was now going to sleep at midnight the latest and waking up refreshed and ready for a new day. Eating with the maid and conversing with her had become a routine that allowed him to open up.

Even his upper moons noticed the change when they'd sneak in for meetings. Douma had spread a rumor that he found a lover. An actual lover. Not a fake wife. Muzan of course scolded the upper moon but couldn't deny that he had grown to love the maid as a mother.

"You called for me, Toshikuni-sama." The maid who he had since learned was named (Y/n) entered his bedroom ready to carry out whatever order he had.

Muzan turned to look at the door where she stood. "Can we cuddle? I know its something moms do with their kids."

(Y/n) smiled and walked up to the bed. "Of course, Toshikuni-sama." She laid beside him and cuddled him close. "Does this mean you see me as a mother?"

"Yes, so what if I do?"

"Well then, I'll glad take on the role, Toshikuni-sama."

"Just call me Toshikuni, mom." He ordered lightly as they both drifted to sleep. Perhaps I should tell her about my true identity someday.