Stargazing | Kokushibou x Sister!Reader (Angst)

Requested by @uwukoyuki 

(h/l): hair length

(h/c): hair color

(e/c): eye color

---

It was the hour of sunset when Kokushibou ventured into the forest. This was the norm for him, but it wasn't to get a head start at night. Ever since he had become a demon, he had always gone out to stargaze before tending to his nightly duties be it feasting or searching for the Blue Spider Lily. It wasn't long before Kokushibou came upon the cliffs where he stargazed. He had a deep sense of loneliness while stargazing. A woman's voice also echo in his mind as well. The voice sounded strangely familiar but again he wasn't sure where he heard it before.

"Michikatsu... Michikatsu! Come on. It's time to go stargaze." The voice said the same phrase on repeat, yet it didn't drive Kokushibou crazy. He has heard it since his early years as a demon and it's the one thing that remained constant aside from stargazing.

When the full moon appeared, Kokushibou took it as his cue to leave. As he stood up the crunching of leaves came up behind him. He turned to see the source of the footsteps and caught a young woman with (h/l), (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes and a strange red mark shaped like stars on her forehead. He immediately knew from her uniform and the sword strapped to her side that she was a demon slayer and judging by the strength in her aura she was most likely at the top of the top.

"A Hashira, eh." Kokushibou mumbled as he readied his sword, but the woman didn't draw her own even though she was standing in front of him albeit several feet away. Instead, she smiled widely. Pure joy gleamed through her eyes like a kid in a candy shop.

"Michikatsu?! Is that you?!" The woman asked followed by a laugh. Her voice was the same as the one that echoes in Kokushibou's head. He was taken aback by the woman to the point of dropping his sword while thousands of thoughts surged through his mind. "Oh, who am I kidding?! I know its you, Michikatsu!" The woman ran up to Kokushibou with her arms stretch out to hug him.

Instead of picking up his sword to finish her, Kokushibou placed his hand in front of him to keep her from hugging him. "I'm Kokushibou!" He said a little irritated.

"Kokushibou?" The woman titled her head. "Kokushibou? Sounds nice but you're Michikatsu to me!" The woman wriggled around and hugged Kokushibou. "I missed you so much. Remember when people used to call us the moon and stars and little brother Yoriichi was the sun."

The name "Yoriichi" rang a bitter tasting bell in Kokushibou's head but he couldn't remember a person by that name. "Who is that? Who are you?!"

(Y/n) laughed at his confusion. "I'm your sister (Y/n) and Yoriichi is our younger brother."

Sister? Brother? Must have been when I was human. Kokushibou surmised. But that was over 400 years ago. "Tsk. Whatever." Kokushibou picked up his sword and sheathed it before walking passed (Y/n) expect (Y/n) followed him.

"Hey, let's stargaze!" (Y/n) tried to pull him back to the cliffs but Kokushibou barreled passed her with his demon strength. (Y/n) quickly gave up and walked beside him. Kokushibou did nothing. Her presence actually felt welcoming in a sense that he wasn't alone. "So, where are we heading?"

"I'm going off on my own!" Kokushibou relied then took off running at top demon speed. Yet strangely when he stopped running, he felt... guilty for running away. He was also intrigued to know more about (Y/n). She had hinted that they were siblings on top of the fact that her presence and voice were very familiar. Kokushibou blinked a few times upon realizing that he was heading back in the direction of (Y/n) but didn't stop himself.