No Matter What | Tamayo x Daughter!Reader (Fluff)

Requested by thatonelesbianfriend

(f/f): favorite food

(g/n): girl's name

---

(Y/n) paced around her bedroom, mumbling to herself and shaking nervously at the conversation she was about to have with her mother, Tamayo. Ever since she came of age, its always been the same questions. When are you going to get married? Do you have a boyfriend yet? Are you going to stay single?

Little did Tamayo know that (Y/n) had already been dating for a while now. However, her partner wasn't who Tamayo think it'd be. There was a high chance of Tamayo disapproving it and a higher chance of her disowning (Y/n).

"That's definitely not the Lady Tamayo I know." Yushiro said in response to (Y/n) concern. "She'll understand. I just know it."

"But think of how our relationship would affect her career. You know how society is about this type of relationship. If people find out that she supports it, she could be ostracized as well." (Y/n) sweatdropped.

"Our relationship?" Tamayo inquired as she entered the room, causing (Y/n) to give her a deer-in-the-headlights look.

"M-Mom!"

"Why would I be ostracized for you dating Yushiro?" Tamayo asked, smiling brightly. "I know some people may mistake him as your brother, but we just have to explain that he isn't, and they'll understand I'm sure."

BUT I LIKE YOU LADY TAMAYO! Yushiro's thoughts screamed in his mind.

Tamayo walked up to the two of them and grabbed each of their hands, causing Yushiro to blush. "You both have my blessing. Take care of my (Y/n), Yushiro."

"Mom! We're not dating! Yushiro likes you!" (Y/n) bellowed, much to Yushiro's dismay at her revealing his secret crush—well not so secret since it was plainly obviously—on Tamayo.

Tamayo blinked several times, glancing at Yushiro who quickly excused himself from the room. "So then... what do you mean by 'our relationship'?"

(Y/n) clutched her chest, already tearing up at the thought of Tamayo disowning her for what she was about to say. Tamayo, seeing the distress in her daughter's eyes, wrapped an arm around (Y/n) and gently escorted her to the kitchen where she sat her down and prepare some (f/f) for her.

"You know you can tell me anything. I love you no matter what." Tamayo said soothingly.

(Y/n) stuffed her face with (f/f), thinking it would be the last time her mother ever cooked it for her. Upon shallowing the mouthful of (f/f), she sighed and looked at the ground, still tearing up. "I-I'm... I'm lesbian!" She yelled, figuring it was best to get it out quickly.

A moment of silence came.

Tamayo broke the silence. "Oh really?" She asked nonchalantly. There was no hint of disgust in her voice. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

(Y/n) nods stiffly. "I-I've been seeing (G/n) for a while now."

Tamayo blinked several times, recognizing (G/n) from somewhere. "Oh! The daughter of the herbal shop owner in town, right?"

(Y/n) nods again. "I'm sorry mom."

"What's there to be sorry about? Love is love. I'm the one who should be sorry for making assumptions. I'm sure I must have made you worry."

"You made me more than just 'worry'." (Y/n) said, slowly smiling as the conversation seemed to be going better than she had thought.

Tamayo hugged (Y/n) closely. "Like I said, I love you no matter what. I give you and (G/n) my blessing."

(Y/n) broke into happy tears. "Thank you, mom. You're the best. Also, (G/n) plans on coming out to her parents. If things don't turn out well, can she come live with us?"

Tamayo nods. "Of course. It'll be my pleasure to welcome her into our home. Now if you'll excuse me." She pulled away from the hug and got up from her chair. "I gotta go speak to Yushiro." She smiled brightly as she walked out. 

(Y/n) sweatdropped, realizing she had spilt the beans about Yushiro's crush a few minutes ago. Yushiro's gonna kill me regardless of how their talk goes.