Softie | Muzan x Reader (Fluff)

Requested by @aFellowsimp_ 

High School AU

(U/n): University name

---

Screw calculus! Screw it! Screw it! Screw it! Muzan thought as he eyed his calculus test. A big fat "F" was written at the top right corner of the paper. He could have stopped at Algebra 2, but he didn't. A higher level math would look good on his transcripts, especially to get into the prestige university he had been eyeing since his first year.

"Nice try Muzan." The teacher muttered in what Muzan took as a taunting tone before handing the last test left to the student directly behind Muzan. "Great job as always (Y/n)."

"Thank you, sensei." (Y/n) said with a wide grin.

Muzan took a glance back at (Y/n). The light reflected off their test, making it see through for Muzan to clearly see the big "A+" written on the same spot as the "F" on his. There wasn't a single red pen mark on (Y/n)'s test for a correction being made by the teacher which meant that they had gotten all the questions correct. Muzan felt his blood boil. How dare someone be better than him at calculus or anything for that matter. (Y/n) tried their best to ignore Muzan's piercing glare for the remainder of class then walked out hurriedly when the teacher dismissed them. Muzan was just about to walk out as well but...

"Muzan I'd like to have a word with you." The teacher said. Muzan scoffed but remained in the classroom, nonetheless.

---

The teacher had gone on a long winded conversation regarding Muzan's failing grade in the class then recommended he see a tutor in the school's tutoring center. The conversation left Muzan seething. A tutor! The nerve of that teacher to recommend a tutor. It took a great amount of energy for Muzan to agree with the teacher's suggestion. It would look terrible on his transcript if he failed this class and dropping the class would look just as terrible.

With all this in mind, Muzan stomped over to the tutoring center located near the school library. "I need a calculus tutor." He demanded upon entering the building, earning the attention of everyone present.

"Right over here!" A student waved to Muzan from one of the round tables set amongst other tables in the open space. Muzan's eyes widened upon realized said student was (Y/n).

Maybe they're another pathetic student in need of help. Muzan thought as he took a seat across the table despite knowing that (Y/n) was the top student of the calculus class.

"Oh, sorry but its best if we sit beside each other so I can see what you need help with." (Y/n) said as they got up and took a seat beside Muzan. "So, what lesson are you having trouble with?"

Shit. They are the tutor! "It's none of your concern. Can I request another tutor?" Muzan snickered.

"I'm the only calculus tutor." (Y/n) said. Muzan opened his mouth to say something but just huffed and took out several failed tests including the recent one.

"I need help with... everything." He admitted begrudgingly. "I've been failing since the beginning of the semester."

"Okay then. Don't be embarrassed."
"Who said I was embarrassed?!"

"I can see it in your face. You're definitely embarrassed but like I said there's no need. I used to have a math tutor too." Muzan blinked a few times. "From junior high to my first year in high school. I wasn't very good at math, but I improved with tutoring and now here I am." (Y/n) smiled proudly.

"... so, I'll get better at calculus like you did?"

"It depends on how willing you are to learn but I'll make sure to help in any way I can."

Muzan smirked. "I'm very willing. Let's get to it."

"Excellent." (Y/n) said then proceeded to help him review all the previous lessons then prepare for his retake test.

---

Muzan smiled proudly whilst flaunting his retake test to (Y/n). A big "A+" was written at the corner. (Y/n) smiled back and clapped as they walked to their class. "Nice job Muzan."

"It's thanks to you I passed. My grade's a C now but I need an A. Straight A's look good if I want to get to (U/n)." Muzan admitted.

"Oh, you want to go to (U/n) too? So do I."

Instead of being the obnoxious, self-absorbed person he was known as, Muzan just smiled back. "Then let's work together. I know (U/n) will accept both of us. Assuming I can pass this class with an A." His reply came as a surprise to (Y/n) but they figured Muzan had just become more tolerant of them due to how much time they spent in the tutoring center.

"Then how about we become study buddies. Not gonna lie the recent lesson has some trouble for me." (Y/n) admitted with an embarrassed smile.

"Sure! I actually understand the lesson so I can help you. I'm sure there will be future lessons that one of us with understand more. We'll be able to help each other out."

"Then how about we hold a study session at my house over the weekend."

"Sounds like a plan." Muzan said then ended their conversation as they both walked into the classroom.

---

Muzan walked around the middle-classed neighborhood carrying his backpack in one arm and holding his phone in the other. He checked the address (Y/n) had texted him earlier in the day and looked at the address of each house until he found the exact house. He walked up to the front door, knocked and waited for a couple of minutes. No answer. He knocked again. Still no answer.

He pressed his ear to the door to listen in. Unfamiliar muffled voice can be heard arguing about something inaudible. His heart began to race then jumped out of his chest at the sound of gunshots.

"(Y/N)!" Muzan screamed as he grabbed the door handle and swung it open. His mind raced more with all the possible things that could have happened as he ran through the house towards the sound of the gunshots ready for a fight.

Upon entering the living room, he deadpanned at the sight before him. A movie was playing on the tv hanging from the wall. The scene was currently on an intense gun fight hence the gunshots. Meanwhile (Y/n) was dead asleep on the couch despite the blaring volume of the tv. On the kitchen table was the math assignments they were going to work on along with (Y/n)'s phone.

It took a while for Muzan to fully register the scene before he breath a sigh of a relief. A heavy weight he hadn't noticed lifted from his chest. He walked up to the couch and stared down at (Y/n)'s sleeping form. He admitted they looked adorable though he cringed upon seeing a string of drool running down their mouth. He walked away momentarily and came back with a tissue to gingerly wipe away the drool from their mouth.

"What a heavy sleeper." Muzan mumbled seeing as (Y/n) didn't wake up. He threw away the tissue paper in the nearby trashcan then turned off the tv while questioning whether he should wake them up. He had gained a little crush (Y/n) over the time they spent together studying and walking to class. His feelings quickly won the debate. He slowly sat on the couch and cuddled up to (Y/n), closing his eyes. A blissful feeling came over him when (Y/n) reciprocated the hug in their sleep. He fell sleep just as (Y/n) woke up and looked down at his sleeping form.

They smiled and stayed still, hugging Muzan close. "He's such a softie on the inside."