Warmth | Tamayo x Child!Reader (Fluff)

Requested by @Kae-chaaan

---

Tamayo stood waiting in the infinity fortress as ordered by Muzan. She'd normally accompany him out but not this time. It gave her a moment of peace not being in his suffocating presence even though she needed it to observe him. To find any weakness she could take advantage of.

"Tamayo get over here!" Muzan's voice roared through the fortress. Tamayo was bowing in front of him at a second's notice. "You used to be a mother, right?" Tamayo nods silently too afraid to speak. Before she could blink, Muzan pushed a young child around 7 to 9 years old in her direction. "Take care of this kid."

Tamayo nods again and Muzan disappeared. Why would Muzan care about this child of all people? She looked at the kid and they looked at her with their (e/c) eyes. She could see their pupils were slit. She pushed her curiosity aside and smiled warmly at them. "Hello there, what is your name?"

"Uh..." The kid thought long and hard then replied, "I don't remember."

"Oh..." Muzan-sama must have wiped their memories. "Then how about we give you a name." The kid nodded. The name of one of Tamayo's children immediately came to mind. "... how about (Y/n)?"

"(Y/n)?" The kid thought about it for not even a second before they nodded eagerly. "Yes, sounds good!"

Tamayo smiled warmly at (Y/n) and patted their head. "Nice to meet you (Y/n). I'm Tamayo. Is there anything you want to do right now? Whatever you want is yours. I'll make sure of that."

"I wanna go outside and play." (Y/n) jumped up and down with excitement. Tamayo nods and somehow manages to find the way out of the fortress into a snowy field.

"Oh, it's cold and you don't have any warm clothes. We should go back." Tamayo reached for (Y/n)'s hand but they were running around and rolling in the snow before she could grab it. "(Y/n) sweetie come on. You're a fairly new demon, you could still catch a cold."

"Come get me then!" (Y/n) smirked and got in a running stance.

Tamayo sweatdropped but walked up to (Y/n) as best as she could through the thick blanket of snow. Once she was within reach of (Y/n), she reached out to grab their hand. "Come on now."

(Y/n) gave her a mischievous smirk that caused her to sweatdrop. "Okay!" (Y/n) jumped at Tamayo who caught them but still fell back into the snow. While Tamayo had a deadpanned look on her face as she laid in the snow, (Y/n) was laughing loudly and hugging her tightly. "I used to do that to..." the smile on their face disappeared, "my mom... all the time."

Tamayo sat up as the snow melted into the back of her kimono soaking it through. Her hair was powdered in the white flurry. She looked down at (Y/n) with a sympathetic look. There was no need to ask what happened to their mother. The answer was clear by the tear drops running down (Y/n)'s face. Tamayo felt a sense of familiarity in the broken look currently draped over (Y/n)'s face. It was the same one she'd get at the thought of her own family. The family she had blindly killed following her transformation.

Tamayo wiped their tears and held them tightly. "Don't worry. You can call me mom. I'll take care of you from now on."

The gloomy look on (Y/n)'s face immediately brightened into a smile. "Yay! Thanks mom!" (Y/n) hugged her tightly and nuzzled her cheek. Tamayo returned the hug and rubbed their back gently. "Now let's play some more." (Y/n) ran further into the snowy field while shouting for Tamayo to get them.

"Okay. I'm coming." Tamayo smiled and chased after them.

---

Hoarse coughs and sneezes echo throughout the fortress which fall silent upon Muzan's return. The hell? That better not be the kid. Muzan stomped towards the room where the coughs originated. "Tamayo! What did you do?!" He shouted as he opened the door only to see that Tamayo was the one coughing and shivering in a futon while (Y/n) cuddled up to her. The anger in his face dropped.

"M-Muzan-sama. Forgive me. I just took (Y/n) outside to play like they wanted." Tamayo said in between hoarse coughs.

"YOU TOOK THEM OUT IN THE SNOW! THEY COULD HAVE GOTTEN SICK! CONSIDER THIS YOUR PUNISHMENT!" Muzan yelled at her face and was soon met with a burst of fire to his face from (Y/n).

"Leave my mom alone!" (Y/n) was pulled back and embraced protectively by Tamayo who braced for Muzan's fury. Only it didn't come. Curious, she opened an eye and peeked at Muzan. His face was still burned and slow to heal.

"My apologies. I'll leave you two alone." Muzan turned around though the veins protruding out of his head made it clear he was angry. "Consider yourself lucky brat! If you weren't my only chance of conquering the sun you and Tamayo would be dead." He said as he walked out.

Tamayo blinked several times out of shock that Muzan would let (Y/n)'s little rebellion slide without punishment. Not that she was complaining. She sighed in relief. "(Y/n) please don't do that again. That was dangerous."

(Y/n) huffed and a puff of flames came out of their mouth and nose. "I couldn't just let him yell at you mom. It's my fault you got sick anyways."

A fire based blood demon art. That must be why Muzan-sama thinks (Y/n) would be able to conquer the sun. Tamayo smiled and patted their head. "I appreciate it but don't concern yourself with me. I'm the one who's supposed to protect you."

"And I'll protect you as well. It should work both ways not one way. At least that's what I think." (Y/n) laid their head on Tamayo's lap and she ran her fingers through their hair.

"I suppose you're right-" Tamayo broke out into a coughing fit again and (Y/n) handed her some tissues and water as needed.

After a while, her coughs calmed down so Tamayo laid back on the futon to sleep. (Y/n) sat beside her and noticed her shiver despite being sweaty with fever. So, they cuddled up to her and raised their body temperature just enough to warm her up.

Tamayo sighed and wrapped her arms around (Y/n). "Thank you (Y/n)."

"Your welcome mom." (Y/n) mumbled. The two eventually fell asleep basking in each other's warmth.