Nostalgia | Tamayo x Child!Reader (Fluff)

Not requested by anyone, just a sample to debut this oneshot book with best mom, Tamayo. I'm biased on that title but no matter. Enjoy.

Warnings: Birth

---

"Keep pushing your doing great." Tamayo encouraged the laboring woman. She could see the strain of the labor was getting to the woman slowly draining her energy with it.

Tamayo expected it to happen considering the woman's weakening state due to illness, yet the woman refused a C-section and Tamayo had no choice but to comply. A whole day's worth of pushing accompanied by multiple contractions, then at last the baby's head appeared. The rest of the labor was swift from there. Tamayo cut the baby's umbilical cord as there was no father in the picture and the woman was too exhausted, clean the baby and bundle them up.

Tamayo was finally able to take in the baby's features while gently resting them in their mother's arms. The world went in slow motion. Fading into black with a single spotlight on the baby. Their facial features down to their (h/c) hair felt familiar to her. Tamayo had delivered many babies throughout her career and each time she was congratulatory towards the newfound parents, but this was a strange case. She felt... jealous. Loathing the sight of the baby in another woman's arms instead of hers.

She shook her head of her unusual possessiveness and smiled warmly. "Congratulations. You have a beautiful baby."

The mother nodded weakly before handing them to Tamayo. Tamayo was shocked. The majority of labors ended with her leaving the room after giving the baby to their mother who would take all day savoring the feeling of holding their baby. Not this one. Tamayo took the baby and cradled them in her arms. Holding the baby felt... right. She felt fulfilled. Like she was the one who just gave birth.

"I-I..." The woman snapped Tamayo out of her trance. "Trust you... take good... care... of... them." She drew her final breath in those last words. Tamayo's eyes widened. Her doctor instincts snapped into action. She put the baby in the basket to the side and called Yushiro into the room to help resuscitate the woman but to no avail. After sending Yushiro to get the diener, Tamayo turned her attention to the baby. They were sleeping soundly despite the commotion.

Tamayo froze up when she picked up the baby causing them to whimper and wriggle in her arms. Was she being rough? Were her arms uncomfortable? Those questions were put to ease when the baby yawned and leaned into her continuing to sleep soundly. But a new question was raised. What should she do now? The mother entrusted her to raise the child but was that right.

Tamayo is a demon. She has to drink blood to satisfy her hunger. She lives in the shadows, constantly hiding from Muzan. On top of that, she had her killed husband and children. It may have been by accident, but that did nothing to ease her trauma. Their names and faces were long forgotten. Whispers and shadows tormenting her. Dictating her every action to destroy Muzan. The very reason behind her seething resentment towards the demon progenitor.

"I've return my lady." Yushiro announced.

"Oh, welcome back." Tamayo replied heading out with the baby and Yushiro following behind to allow the denier to do their job. Tamayo went to her room for much needed peace and quiet.

"What are you going to do with them?" Yushiro asked slowly with a hint of concern for his time alone with Tamayo being ruined. Tamayo shrugged unsure and asked for privacy. Yushiro immediately left but not before sending a glare to the sleeping baby. Tamayo stared long and hard at the baby. Their face... she had seen them before, but she couldn't figure out where. The baby began to cry.

"No don't cry." Tamayo cooed to the baby, rocking the baby in her arms. The act brought waves of nostalgia to Tamayo. Memories of rocking her children to sleep came to mind. Usually she'd only see shadows in those memories. However, now she was able to see a face on one of the shadows of her children. It was the baby's face, yet it seemed... natural. Like it belong on the shadow. Like it wasn't her mind playing tricks on her. With the face came a name. A name she said many times as a human. 

"(Y/n)." She muttered. The baby immediately stopped crying and giggled cutely which made Tamayo tear up. "(Y/n)." Again, the baby giggled. They finally opened their eyes and Tamayo gasped lowly. The exact (e/c) eyes of her lost child looked back at her. The baby looked her up and down then smiled and giggled. "(Y/n)?" Tamayo mumbled and the baby giggled. She said it several more times and each time they giggled in response. Tamayo began crying. "(Y/n) it is. I'm your mother from now on." She nuzzled her face on (Y/n)'s cheek earning another giggle from them.

Meanwhile outside in the hall, Yushiro had overheard Tamayo's decision and was livid. 'That brat! How dare they steal Lady Tamayo!'

"Yushiro." Tamayo called and Yushiro was in her room in a second. "Come meet (Y/n)."

Yushiro kept glaring as he walked up. Lucky brat gets to be in Lady Tamayo's arms. I'll show th- He sat beside Tamayo and finally got a look at (Y/n). (E/c) eyes inspected him in much the same way they did Tamayo then smiled and giggled. Yushiro's glare softened significantly. He admitted (Y/n)'s giggles were cute not that he'd say that out loud. (Y/n) reached out to him.

"Awe~ They like you." Tamayo said. "Do you wanna hold them?" Yushiro grew wide eyed and shook his head 'no'. "Oh, come on. I'll be right here." Yushiro shook his head 'no' vigorously. It's not that he was afraid of harming (Y/n), he just knew if he held them the remnants of his jealously would dissipate. "Please for me. I want you two to get along." Tamayo pouted.

"Yes ma'am!" He exclaimed.

"Inside voices please." Tamayo said. (Y/n) was unphased by Yushiro's volume. With some instruction, Yushiro cradled his arms and Tamayo gently placed (Y/n) in them.

Sure enough, all of Yushiro's jealously disappeared. (Y/n)'s smile never faltered. Looking at them made Yushiro warm up to them in an instant. "So cute." He mumbled though Tamayo heard. It was apparent from the smile on her face. (Y/n) began to cry and Yushiro looked to Tamayo worried that he hurt them.

"They must be hungry." She surmised.

"I'll get the formula." Yushiro gave (Y/n) back to Tamayo then ran out to prepare the formula milk. Both of them knew how to make it since it was one thing they provided for patients.

Tamayo rocked (Y/n) in her arms, smiling at them. She didn't mind their crying. It was a bittersweet sound that sparked more waves of nostalgia. Yushiro came back with the formula in hand. He sat beside Tamayo observing her feed (Y/n). Her eyes never once left (Y/n) during the whole feeding time. It was another bittersweet moment for her. Once full, (Y/n) yawned and went back to sleep.

Tamayo smiled warmly, tears filling her eyes at the thought of her family. One of whom had returned to her. Hugging (Y/n) tight, she mumbled, "my (Y/n). I'll protect you from now on."