Ways to Cope | Tamayo x Teen!Daughter!Reader (Angst + Fluff)

Requested by MYSTERYNO3

Warning(s): Alcoholism

---

Tamayo sat in the silence of her office reading her medical book and occasionally nodding off. Her burning resolve to end Muzan jolted her awake each time she nearly fell asleep. She took a glance at the clock. It was an hour passed sunrise. Worry welled in her. Tamayo quickly stood up and walked out of her room.

"Yushiro."

Yushiro came running to Tamayo. "Yes, Lady Tamayo."

"Has (Y/n) returned yet?"

Yushiro rolled his eyes at mention of (Y/n). "No, she hasn't."

Tamayo closed her eyes and sighed. "Fifth time this week. Stay here. I better go look for her." Tamayo walked back to her room and grabbed an umbrella big enough for two people. As much as Yushiro wanted to protest, he complied and saw her out. Once the door closed, he began his ravings.

"That brat." He hissed. "Why can't Lady Tamayo kick her out? I don't care if (Y/n) is her daughter she's nothing but a hassle to Lady Tamayo."

---

Tamayo walked around Asakusa. This situation was a regular occurrence, so she knew where (Y/n) was. Passing by a bar, the stench of booze and alcohol stung her nose but quickly went away. To the left was an alleyway where all the drunks waited out their hangovers. Tamayo looked around for the (h/c) haired girl who was wearing a (f/c) shirt/dress when she saw her earlier last night. Sure enough, she found (Y/n) collapsed on the floor in a drunken states as always. Gently helping the drunk teenager off the ground, Tamayo walked back to the house. It was difficult due to (Y/n)'s imbalanced movement but she managed.

"I'll brew you a chamomile tea." Tamayo said as she laid (Y/n) on her bed.

"I'm fine mom." (Y/n) slurred and tried to get up but Tamayo prevented her from doing so.

"Yushiro watch her." Tamayo ordered before heading out to make the tea.

Yushiro rubbed his temples. "When are you going to learn?" He scoffed.

"Shut up." (Y/n) shouted then fell back into bed as a splitting headache came over her.

"You have been nothing but trouble for Lady Tamayo. You know that. She's already has enough stress as a doctor and as a fugitive trying to defeat-" (Y/n) put her hand in the air for Yushiro to stop.

"Don't mention that name!" She exclaimed. Any slight mention of Muzan made her sober up which is the last thing she wanted.

Unfortunately, it was too late though the headache remained. Luckily, Tamayo came in with the tea not long after. When Tamayo dismissed Yushiro from the room, (Y/n) rolled her eyes knowing what was to come. Tamayo remained silent with a sad expression on her face as she waited for (Y/n) to finish the tea. Knowing what was about to happen, (Y/n) slowly drank the tea and when finished laid on her bed acting like she was going to sleep. Tamayo didn't fall for it but let her be. Drunk (Y/n) was the confrontational type and past scolding- no matter how gentle- usually ended with Yushiro stepping in to separate and Tamayo taking time off to recover from (Y/n)'s lash outs.

Tamayo coaxed (Y/n) to scoot over and sat beside her on the bed. Tamayo pulled (Y/n) into her and massaged her head to help relieve the headache. (Y/n) ended up falling asleep in Tamayo's arm. "Sorry mom." She uttered half asleep.

Tamayo tightened her hold on (Y/n). "It's okay. Everyone copes in different ways, but this needs to-" Tamayo was interrupted by (Y/n)'s soft snores.