More Time | Tamayo x Child!Reader (Angst)

Requested by Cho_Kocho

(e/c): eye color

(f/c): favorite color

---

Boredom. Absolute boredom. That's all (Y/n) knew for the past few months. Ever since she and her mother, Tamayo, escaped from Muzan's control, Tamayo had been entirely focused on creating a drug to aid in killing him. That and her job made it near impossible for Tamayo to spend time with (Y/n). If she wasn't working on the drug, she was helping patients and vice versa. Her workload didn't change when she got her assistant, Yushiro.

(Y/n) was currently in her bedroom, trying to keep herself entertained with multiple activities from reading to board games—a major failure since she played against herself. (Y/n) looked outside her window. It was pitch black due to the dark storm clouds blocking out the moonlight. (Y/n) sighed. There was no use in going outside to play if it was going to be cut short by the incoming rain.

So, she decided to pass the time by taking a nap, her go-to activity. (Y/n) lied down on her bed but just as she was about to close her eyes a thought came to her mind. Tamayo hadn't gotten any rest as of late. Granted demons don't need sleep but a goodnight's rest was refreshing to (Y/n) so it should be the same for Tamayo.

(Y/n) eagerly crawled out of bed then walked out into the hallway, searching around for Tamayo. A smile spread across her face as memories of her cuddling with Tamayo back when she was a human came to mind. Four hundred years without cuddles made her beyond touch-starved and she found herself needing some more than ever.

"Mom." (Y/n) called out as she searched around.

"In here (Y/n)." Tamayo replied from the drug room where she and Yushiro were working on the anti-Kibutsuji drug. (Y/n) followed her mother's voice into the room. "What is it (Y/n)?" Tamayo asked, not looking away from the drug for even a second.

(Y/n) opened her mouth to say something but hesitated seeing as Tamayo was busy as always. Darn. She might not be able to cuddle...

Tamayo finally turned around to look at (Y/n) since she hadn't yet responded. "Is something wrong?"

She's always busy... maybe if I ask, she'll take a break. "Can we cuddle?"

"Oh well-"

"Tsk. Aren't you too old for cuddles?" Yushiro interrupted. "Regardless, Lady Tamayo is very busy right now. So, go away and don't bother her. There will be plenty of time to cuddle with her when Muzan is gone." He said harshly.

"Yushiro!" Tamayo scolded, receiving a 'sorry' from Yushiro. (Y/n) was stiff as a board from Yushiro's scolding. "Sorry about that (Y/n) but he's right. I need to focus more than ever if we're to bring an end to Muzan. The drug is almost finished though so it won't be long before we can spend more time together."

"O-Okay. I'm sorry." (Y/n) said, choking back tears as she ran back to her room.

Tamayo held her hand to her chest, heart aching at the sight of her daughter. She let out a heavy sigh then turned back to her work. "Come on Yushiro. Let's try to get this done within the next hour."

"Yes, Lady Tamayo." Yushiro said and they continued working with more determination than ever.

---

(Y/n) was walking in the outskirts of Asakusa. Her tears were masked by the heavy downpour of the storm. She was soaking wet and chilling to the bone, but she didn't care. She was blind with sadness from the rejection.

I just wanted to cuddle with mom. Even if it was for just two minutes, it's better than nothing. She thought about her old human life. The days in which her parents would spend the majority of their time with her and cuddled her to sleep each night. Thinking about those days fueled her sadness.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" A familiar male voice broke her from her thoughts. Goosebumps rose on her skin as she looked up, her (e/c) eyes locked onto the plum red eyes of Muzan. "Oh, Tamayo's precious daughter."

(Y/n) tried to run but it felt as if she had been nailed to the ground. Lifting her legs to run felt like lifting up weights. She glanced up ahead and shivered at the path full of mangled, half eaten corpses of men and women alike. Mom help.

Muzan grabbed (Y/n) by her hair, causing her to struggle as he dragged her away. "MOM! MOM! HELP!" She wailed into the stormy night.

---

Tamayo paced around out in the garden relentlessly. Yushiro followed her every step, hovering an umbrella over her to keep her dry under the rain. "Lady Tamayo settle down please."

"How can I settle down?! (Y/n) is gone!" Tamayo said in a raised voice much to Yushiro's shock.

"Don't worry. I know she'll be back." Just as he said that Tanjiro passed through the false wall that hid the clinic with a despondent look on his face and no (Y/n) in sight.

Tamayo and Yushiro hadn't noticed they were holding in their breaths until Tanjiro handed them the shredded (f/c) haori of (Y/n), stained in her blood. Tamayo took the haori with shaky hands and clutched onto the fabric as she screamed (Y/n)'s name to the heavens. I should have spent more time with her while I still had her.