The fun

After the men had taken me off the street I awoke in a dimly lit concrete room, everything looked grey except a wooden chair that sat across from me.
I was shackled to the wall by my ankle and they had blindfolded me, smart.

I felt cold, colder than I should've been considering I had left fully clothed. I soon realised they had taken my clothes off leaving me in a tank top and underwear.
The door finally creaked open and lots of heavy feet thundered on the floor.

" why hello perverts, will I be getting my clothes back soon" I smirked hoping to god they were listening.

"Y/f/n you are a mutant yes" his voice was loud, very demanding like an army man.

" why don't you take this blindfold off and you'll find out". Well if I'm going to be held captive they may as well get to know the real me.

" ill take that as a yes, im general Ego Pats head of this hydra division and you little lady are going to be our new super soldier". He was definitely in his 50s.

" Hydra? Also im not anyones little play thing you don't get to just tell me what to do"

Large strides came straight for me but I didn't flinch, if the orphanage taught me one thing it was that if you show weakness you're as good as dead.
He grabbed my face and spat on me.
" you're going to do exactly what we say little miss or you'll be dead in a heart beat".

" no I wont" I smiled " You know what I can do and you wouldn't kill an advantage like that".

He let go of me and ruffled through his pocket so it sounded, flicking what I was sure was a pocket knife up.
Dragging it down my face lightly until suddenly slicing my bottom lip with it.

" ow you twat what was that for" I cringed at the burning pain on my lip.

" We don't tolerate attitudes like that here" he stomped back to the door " bring him in".

It got very quiet in the room to the point I could've sworn I was alone until I heard the heavy door slam shut and big hands lifting me onto a chair.

" Whats your name" my heart was definitely thumping but I didn't want to give myself away.

The person ignored me and started clanking a lot of metal together walking towards me.

" I'm only 12" i tried to make this person sympathise but they didn't stop.

Suddenly I felt a burning sensation on my arm and the smell of burnt skin.

I screamed in agony but they wouldn't stop.
After minutes of screaming after they had moved the hot thing away I finally heard a growl in annoyance.
" shut the fuck up". It was a man, His voice sounded strong but weak like he didn't speak much.

" only if you say pretty please". He started pounding his fists into my face.

After minutes of being struck in the face repetitively my face went numb and I stopped yelling in pain, going slack in my chair.
He seemed to creep off back to where what I assume was his stuff, unknown to him my blindfold had fallen down.

Looking into his head was agony, so confused like nothing and everything was there.
He started walking over to me to undo my ankle chain and unlock the door then locking himself up and throwing away the key.
Letting go of him, he came back to reality highly confused.
" looks like someone didn't do their homework on me did they" i smiled at him.

He had long brown hair, a big build, dark eyebags like he hadn't slept for days and a metal arm where his left arm should've been.
Ignoring his anger I ran out of the door into a dark corridor with hundreds of doors.
" Why do bad guys always have the worst building plans" i huffed.

I ran around for what felt like hours trying to find an exit before I was struck in the back of my head sending me straight to the floor.

——— bucky pov

' what the fuck' I thought to myself as I stared at the ankle chain around my foot. He was annoyed at the girls sarcastic comment of course he hadn't done his homework they didn't say anything about her having powers.

He ripped the chain off the wall with pure force and grabbed the key for the door. He could hear her feet tapping along the concrete of the halls desperately trying to find a way out.

He almost felt bad hitting her around the back of her head, almost.

——
" ow wtf is wrong with you guys who hits a child that hard". I was again blindfolded but this time it was a metal contraption only it wasn't just around my eyes my whole body was restrained.
Panicking I started to try pull out of what I was in, me not being able to see was proving a little more stressful than I anticipated.

" ah you're awake". Great General dipshit again.

" yep rise and shine now let me out perve".

" That was quite a performance back then, tapping into the best soldier we have. You're going to be very helpful as soon as we shock that spirit out of you". I couldn't see him but I know that smug son of a bitch was smirking.

" And how do you figure thats going to happen grandad". I gave a toothy grin.

" You'll see, but first you're going to want to put this in your mouth or you'll break your teeth and we wouldn't want that now would we". He shoved a rubber mouth guard in my mouth and a shiver flew up my back.

He started to flick some switches that attached metal pieces to my face.
" Hey wait wait wa- Ahhhh!".
This was a pain like no other, it felt like all my nerves were snapping all at the same time and my memories started to slip away.
All those memories from children at the orphanage and my parents before they left me slipping from my grasp.

———
I don't remember how many times they had done that to me throughout the years.

I don't remember how many training sessions I had with that man with the arm.

I don't remember all the torture that the man with the arm inflicted on me.

I don't remember how I got the scars all over my body and the star that was burned into my shoulder.

I don't remember.

But that was all a lie, that was all I could remember: death, missions, pain, loneliness..