The ( not a date) date

Bucky pov

These last few weeks with y/n had been amazing. Even whilst I was sat at the kitchen table ' reading ' a book i was really thinking about y/n, I held onto every moment we had together.

She was exciting and random and everything that made me enjoy life but my heart still pulled everytime I saw her skin, all the scars I caused her.
They made me feel like she could never like someone like me, a monster.

" hey buck" Steve walked to the coffee machine breaking me from my daze.

" hi"

" so are either of you or y/n going to tell us how she ended up in your clothes the other week?" The whole team had been pushing it, they hated being in the dark but y/n didn't want to talk about it.

" no Steve and stop pushing it, its not fair on y/n" I stood up and walked out to the garden for a bit of peace.
Looking out onto the trees I saw y/n, she looked so beautiful right now.

————

These last few weeks with bucky were amazing, I held on to every word and every touch of his.
Even him just squeezing past in a tight space sent me weak at the knees and red in the face.

I wanted something good so bad but my mind and body were still holding back, I still had the nightmares about him back in hydra but then when I'd wake up he was the sweetest person you'd ever meet.
It was so confusing.

So as always I sat in the garden in my trees, in a beautiful summer dress that showed off my body in the best way and made me feel like £1000.

" Hey dee" bucky made me jump but my body was instantaneously calmed by his soft face.

" hey bucky I'm making a daisy chain, would you like to make one with me?" His face lit up at the invitation and he sat straight down infront of me.

" so how do I do it?" I had a daisy chain crown on my head which he seemed to enjoy.

" okay so you pick a long daisy from the ground, use your nail to push a hole through the stem and then push the other daisy through and repeat until you have what you want" I smiled, times like this felt so innocent and right for me. For us.

" okay I think I've got it". He actually did get it, apparently he was good at everything " umm y/n I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me later " his face went red as he continued with his flowers.

" with the whole team or just you and me" he had the stomach of a lion but the nerves of cat sometimes.

" just you and me, not a date just food " he smiled at me with hope.

" yeah id love to, we can go when you've finished your daisy chain so you can have a necklace" he smiled back up at me happy with himself for asking.

" so where should we go dee?" Bucky and i walked together back to the compound ignoring everyone near us.

" let's start easy with some pizza, everyone loves pizza then maybe a drink?" My mind wandered back to the date I had a while ago, I knew bucky would never do that but my panic was higher than my rationality.
He saw my body and mind begin to invert at the thought of public drinking again.

" how about we buy some drinks from the shop and we can drink back here?" I was immediately brought back into my happy self, he was like a mind reader.

———–
" what pizza do you like dee" we went to a nice pizza place, not too childish but not too expensive.

" I like chicken fajita with jalapeños please" I loved spicy food ever since I left hydra where they gave us slop for food.