A home is more than just 4 walls

——
I spent everyday remembering what I had done with hydra, I felt my heart break every time I thought about it.
I was rescued by Shield 2 years ago during a mission with the man with the arm, then transferred to the Avengers compound after they had drugged me up for information.

I'm 20 now, have my own apartment instead of a cage and haven't fought for hydra since I was 18.
——

I don't sleep much anymore and if I did I would be reliving the life hydra put me through.
This night however was peaceful, I slept in Steve's bed. He was one of my first friends after I came to the compound, he understood what hydra was like and sympathised with me which gave me comfort knowing I wouldn't always be hated.
Me and steves relationship had and has always been platonic, with the odd flirty line here and there but strictly platonic.

Natasha warmed up quicker than expected, she over heard me telling Tony to stick a rench where the sun don't shine after he told me to stop making him dance with my powers. After that she was hooked on me, spending day and night gossiping with wanda having girls night and eating so much that we should've been fat.
However, the amount of training these people did was ridiculous.

When I first came to the compound a man called Sam asked me for a race which who would turn down, we set off both running at the same speed then out of know where he picked up superhuman speed.
He wasn't superhuman no, it was just a machine on his back with thrusters.
But if he was going to cheat I was going to cheat, catching my breath I stopped running around the water he had us near.

Locking onto him I made him change direction straight for the water taking a half an hour swim whilst I went back to the compound.
By the time he had stopped I was sat watching TV giggling at him soking wet
With a frown on his face.

Everyone else in the compound was lovely too, Peter was a little cutie who absolutely loved watching me play with Tony like a doll.
Me and wanda were very close after she managed to pull a memory out of my head of a fire.
I knew I remember it but it just wasn't back yet.

—————

" so whats for tea" i skipped into the kitchen which was massive, food everywhere.

" im just making some pasta dee would you like some". Dee was a name Steve made for me when I was struggling to remember my real name.

" yes please thanks Steve, today is a blessed day for pasta". We shared a smile whilst I set the table for the team.

As Steve served up all the plates we all sat down to eat, multiple conversations were always happening at this table but I preferred to sit back and listen.

" Hey guys I wanted to let you know that this week my friend will be transferring to our compound, he's been in wakanda for the past year and he's finally ready" Steve said with a massive smile I could tell he was happy about whoever it was.

" Thats great Steve, how do you know them" I was actually really curious, for once I won't feel like the new person.

Steve was a but quieter after I asked that question just shrugging it off saying they were an old friend.
I was confused why he suddenly changed but it was because he had totally forgotten the history that was going to be thrown about when his friend came.