The attack

I woke up feeling tired and a tad bit gross from last nights events, I had woken up in the middle of the night and finished off the chocolate covered strawberries so I really needed something savoury now.

" im going in the shower bucky" I nudged him but he didn't move from his sleeping position on his belly and instead just groaned.

I sloped off into the bathroom and turned on the light giggling at my reflection in the mirror, I had chocolate all around my mouth maybe it was a good thing bucky didn't wake up to see this.
Peeling off the lingerie from last night I decided on slipping into a bath instead since it was massive.
I filled it full of fruity bubbles and soaked in it for at least an hour or until my fingers had pruned up.

Today's weather was supposed to be quite warm so I tried on a midi skirt I bought recently and checked myself out in the mirror.
" you are the hottest woman who has ever lived y/f/n" I said to myself pulling a kissy face at my reflection.

" bucky are you up yet"
He layed in the same position as he was in when I first woke up.
" come on stop messing around"
I shook his legs which hardly moved.
" ...bucky"
I placed a compact mirror under his nose, he was breathing but it was so slow.
I ripped the sheets off of him and shrieked at what I saw.

The wound he had got from the mission was seriously infected and he wasnt moving much.
" shit..bucky hey, can you hear me?"
I crawled onto the side of the bed trying to shake him.

" mmm" was all his body could manage.
I ran for my phone in my bag immediately calling Bruce.

" Hey y/n are y-"
" Bruce somethings wrong with bucky"
" wha"
" he got a wound from the mission but no one saw it and it looks infected, he isn't healing Bruce and he won't wake up!"
" y/n breath please"

I slowed my breath taking in shaky breathes down the phone.
" send Steve your location, he's going to be okay...okay?"

" yeah thankyou, see you soon".
I hung up immediately giving Steve our location needing an sos.

After pacing around my room like crazy and constantly checking buckys breathing I finally heard Steve knocking at the hotel door.

I swung it open immediately hugging him and then bringing him to bucky.
" how are you going to get him out of here Steve? He's hurt really bad"
I chewed on the inside of my gums nervously.

" I brought Thor and Sam too, don't worry y/n its going to be okay".

Steve took to buckys upper body, Thor picked up his legs and Sam held up his middle so his wound didn't stretch.
When they picked him up I heard him groan quietly in pain.
I grabbed all of our stuff and ran after Steve into the quinjet.

" are we going to Bruce?!"

" yes y/n he'll be able to help him"

We arrived at the compound as many staff rushed out to wheel bucky inside into Bruce's lab, they stayed in there for hours. I watched through a window as they took swaps of his infection and cleaning him up. He still hadn't woken up the entire time he was in there.

Bruce walked to the door pulling his gloves off and throwing them in the bin.
" so? What's wrong why isn't he healing B"

" I took some samples and it looks like whatever bullet shot him was laced with a flesh eating virus, I've given him something that will stop it.. he still needs more rest dee".

" can I see him" I tried pushing my way to the door but Bruce placed his hand infront of me.

" y/n please get some rest, he won't be leaving that lab for quite a while"

I sighed in defeat, Bruce was right I needed rest.
I couldn't face going into my room alone so I scuffed my feet heavy along the ground walking to the library and falling asleep on the large sofas we had.

———
I shot up awake after hearing the compound alarm go off.
What the hell?

I jumped off of the sofa and walked to the large library doors, opening the door a tiny amount I peaked out seeing staff in full gear running around with guns.
" holy shit"
Gun shots went off throughout the building.

" find her!" I heard a voice shout through the halls close to where I was staying.
Did they mean me?

I didn't want to find out who they meant so I scalled the bookcase up to the ceiling and slipping through the roof panels.
Crawling into the vents I could see the team fighting others.
" tell us where y/n is!"

Crap this was about me

" how about no" I heard Tony say before his suit fired bullets into all of the hostiles.

" retreat!" The hostiles shouted fleeing the building with the odd few being taken down by the team.

Kicking out one of the vents I jumped out of it landing infront of the team.
"..was that about me?" My eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

" im so glad you're okay" Nat hugged me and kissed my cheek.

" yeah im stealthy don't worry" I smiled looking around at the broken compound.

I heard pounding footsteps running towards us as saw Steve's mad face, his expression softened when he looked at me as if he felt guilty.

" ....Buckys gone".