Beep

Bucky pov
" Guys! Y/n's been shot ! " Peter shouted over the intercoms, everyone heard this and ran through the compound to find Tony and Steve.

" im getting on a jet steve" I rolled my sleeves up strapping knives into my belt, my body filled with anger and regret.

" no bucky they're coming here there's no point getting on one" Steve stood infront of the door leading to the quinjets.

" move steve" my nose flared like a bull

" no buck"

" She's gonna die steve!" I felt my body overwhelmingly itself with emotion pulling me to my knees.
" steve..."

He pulled me into a hug patting my back, he loved y/n like a sister so he felt like I did.
He walked me back into the living room where Nat was sat with Wanda hugging her, we clearly both wanted to leave for y/n. She's our world.

" did Peter say what happened Wanda?"
Steve and Wanda spoke between each other while me and Nat stayed silent.

" no he was too panicked to get much out, all I heard was something about becky" they both shrugged sitting back on the sofa to wait, all we could do is wait.

We waited for an hour before we saw the jet land messily on the lawn and Peter run out with y/n laid in his arms.
I stormed over him thanking him and taking her out of his hands running straight to Bruce's lab.
She felt cold, she had a pulse but her body was dead weight in my arms. My eyes burned at her delicate broken body covered in blood, I should've gone with them.
I kicked Bruce's door open and laid her on the bed where Bruce already had his stuff ready, his breath was taken away from him when he saw her body.
" she won't die will she?"

" uh bucky why don't you wait outside whilst me and my team operate"

My heart beat rose, someone was to blame for this.
Storming out of the room I found everyone in the debriefing room all sat quiet in shock.

" what happened peter" my face was tough, bitter even.

" I saw everything... y/n saved becky from getting shot then becky started to argue with y/n and.. a man stood up behind y/n and shot her through the back" his lip quivered " she just watched it happen.. she didn't even TRY to stop it"
He pointed at becky who was holding her head down avoiding everyone's scowls.

I paced towards becky ready to rip her into pieces but Nat stood up first picking her up by the neck and shoving her against the wall.
" if my friends dies you'll wish you never stepped foot in this compound, I will kill everyone you've ever found comfort with, I will tie you up and cut chunks out of your skin everyday until you're just a brain and a heart"
She spat in beckys face.

" get the fuck out of this building" her eyes were dead, locked and scary.
She dropped her from her struggling position against the wall.

" bucky bear, it was an accident"

Reaching into my belt I pulled my gun out and pointed it at her head making her jump.
" please don't... Sam don't let him shoot me" she pleaded like a dog.

He gave her a small glance then looked away. " becky get out or I'll let him shoot".

She cried as she ran out of the room and out of the compound.
Everyone continued in silence like before.

" ... y/n really has some psychotic friends" Tony joked for a second before his eyes became sad again.

What happens if she dies? Who will I become? We've come so far and for all of it to end like this..
My heart tugged and tugged the more I thought about it.
Standing up I stormed out of the room and into mine and y/ns room, it was our anniversary soon and I had made her something with the girls help.
It was a scrap book of all our moments together, I left some spaces so we could fill them in.

Holding the book to my chest I slowly walked down the compound to Bruce's lab, they were still operating so I waited outside closing my eyes and relieving our time together.
Bruce's team left the lab telling me I could go in.
Walking in she looked clean but she didn't look like y/n, y/n was like summer and everything people loved all in one scary mix.

" bucky uhm.. the bullet ripped through her chest slightly clipping her heart. I'm not sure how or if she will recover"
Bruce's eyes grew red as he spoke to me.

My breath shook as I inhaled taking in everything that was just said.
" can i have some time with her alone please"

" yeah, sorry bucky" he patted my back walking out of the room.

She laid on the table under a white sheet, her hair was pulled out of her face, her face looked cold and her lips looked off colour.
" y/n.. I uh brought something I made for you. For us."
I held back the tears forming in my eyes as I sat next to her holding her cold hands, her pulse was slow and the machine measuring her heart beeped slowly.

" its all of our moments together. look its you and me after our first mission, Nat took it because you were glaring at me" I laughed as a tear rolled down my cheek.

The machine beeped slower and slower every minute.

" this one was at the party Tony had just before we uh yano for the first time"

My heart pounded waiting for the next beep.
" y/n!" My breath quickened as the machine held a long continuous beep.

" no please y/n don't leave me " I listened for her breath and rise of chest but it didn't happen.
I started doing what I could, I pounded on her chest and filling her air with lungs over and over again.
" please"
I felt her rip break under the weight of my pushing.
" shit no I sorry i didn't mean to"
My emotions took over me as I cried onto her belly " im sorry y/n"
Falling onto my knees next to the bed I held her hand crying with it.

Cough

A shiver ran through my body as I slowly stood onto my feet looking at y/n and meeting her eyes.
" bucky" she smiled lifting her hand against my cheek.
" y/n"

A/n: this really is the last chapter this time, I know you all hate me for it but it had to end. Whilst I write a few chapters for loki over the weekend I may also think about doing bucky oneshots so send me what you'd like to see. Love you.