Him

I dreamt of the man with the metal arm again, it was funny to me that after the 4 years I spent working ( killing) with him i still didn't know his name.
There was still some human in that machine, after torturing me for hours he'd bring food and we'd sit and eat in silence then he would leave. It wasn't much but it was at least something to keep me partially sane, I still couldn't forgive him.

Throwing on a dressing gown i making my way to the kitchen but was rudely interrupted by tweedle dee and tweedle dumb.

" we're taking you shopping" Nat surprised me with wanda nodding along side her.

" yep we've decided we're sick of seeing the same 2 outfits so its time to spoil you " Wanda loved shopping it brought her back from her thoughts and other peoples.

" okay but I'm not paying for anything" I grinned.

" sold, know go get ready and we'll meet you in half an hour" Nat smirked.

I went back upstairs throwing on a cute top and bottoms adding some nice bold eyeliner and mascara.
I didn't want to tell the girls but I actually loved shopping, when I worked for hydra I was either in my suit or in underwear and a crop top chained to a wall so new clothes made me happy.

——–
" how was your day y/n" Bruce asked watching me walk through the living room with multiple bags.

" oh it was great I got tops, trousers, dresses, skirts and of course Nat forced me to buy some lingerie" I grinned holding up the Victoria secret bag.

" sounds um nice " lingerie talk made Bruce a bit shy but it was fun to watch him squirm.

After doing my own little try on taking many photos I was pleased so sent a cheeky picture to the girls, they were obviously thrilled.

In town we got subway but I was starving ready to eat the whole kitchen.

" hello y/n, Bruce told me about your lingerie. I could only imagine it was Nat who made you buy that" Steve grinned at me as I went red thinking about the whole compound knowing about my underwear.

" who else would it be really" I joked back with him.

" So my old friend will be coming soon". Steve got all reserved again.

" whats his name again ?" Really wanting to know something about this stranger.

" His names umm Bucky".

" That's a cool name, how long have you known him". I smiled hoping he would trust me.

" since we were children he's like us y/n" .

" oh thats cool, I didn't realise there were more". When hydra took me they had used the syrum similar to what Steve was given making me a better fighter and enhancing my powers meaning that I no longer had to be looking directly at people to control them, I only had to know they were near me.

———
After a while of chitchat the whole team sat on the sofa watching some shows and YouTube memes Peter wanted us to watch, he was excited to meet this new person too since we were the only ones who had never met him before.

" He's just been dropped off guys.. time to meet bucky" Steve shared a glance around the room but I ignored it.

Plastering on the biggest smile I could make i followed everyone to the front of the compound.

As soon as I laid eyes on his my smile dropped and my eyes widened threatened tears to burn across my cheeks.

" st-  Steve why is he here" my pulse was so fast I thought my heart was in my throat.

" y/n this is-"
" I know who that is Steve" I cut him off " I asked why is he here".

Suddenly all the scars on my body started burning especially the brand mark this man had left on my shoulder.

" y/n my names Bucky, im Steve's friend" he walked closer to hold out his hand.

I nearly tripped backwards trying to keep space between us.

" Don't you talk to me, don't even think about me" the tears were rolling down now but I kept a stern position.

" y/n he had his memory altered he's not the man he used to be and he doesn't remember much of what happened with you" Steve talked towards his feet knowing he was in the wrong.

" Oh well hurray for him but not all of us are lucky enough to forget, anyways I'm leaving don't try to follow me I don't know what I'd do if you did". I half heartedly threatened.

" y/n wait please" Nat tried walking towards me but I held her in place with my power.

" I said don't!" I stormed off towards my room breaking down  my whole body immediately exhausted remembering everything I had to of him.
Steve thought of him as a friend? How could Steve keep a person like that as a friend.

I cried the whole night, so much that my head pounded with headache all night not even daring to sleep.
I grazed my hand over the star brand that monster had given me at 12 years old, I could never forgive him.

I just couldn't.