Training

There were two taps at my door then the beautiful Nat walked in.
" rise and shine sleeping beauty, you've got training with me and im going to work you dead" she had a smug smile on, I was stronger than her but most definitely didn't have the same work ethics.

" you're insane Nat, its 5am let me sleep for another hour" my face was smushed against the pillow with my arms hugging it.
Two warm hands grabbed onto my feet and yanked me off the bed, slamming me onto the floor.

" Nat! Omg you're crazy"
Ignoring my comment she walked out probably going to set up a workout station good enough for the military.

Throwing my hair into a bun and putting my workout leggins/ tank top i left my room, first coffee and some oats. Can't build muscle without the protein and I can't build muscle without caffeine either.
Sitting down on the sofa I was enjoying my golden syrup flavoured porridge when bucky's big build walked last me and sat down on the other end of the sofa.
"Y/n I wanted to apologise again, i didn't think about my actions and I could've put you in danger"

" It's fine James, it just won't happen again. We wouldn't be going on any more missions together if I could help it" a gave him a short tiny fake smile and walked off to the training room.

" you've got to be joking Nat" every muscle that could be worked out today was going to be worked out, this is going to hurt.

" let's start with a little activation.
I want: 20 sumo squats, 20 pistol squats, 2 minute plank, 20 v-sits anddd let's throw in some handstand push ups for fun" I side eyed her not even wanting to start this.
May as well get to it then, finishing my activation was easier than I thought. Maybe I wasn't so rusty after all.
After activation Nat started me on the Smith machine squatting 100kg for my warm up, I may not look strong but in my opinion I was the strongest super soldier of them all.

" come on dee just 5 more" Nat was smirking her arse off.

" you know I could make you throw yourself across this room. I could also make you do all these with me so play nice". Finishing my set i took a drink and waited for instructions.

" okay we'll do some romanian deadlifts, ill do it with you so I don't get forced to against my will" she laughed pushing the plates onto her bar, she used less than me but she was very strong anyway.

" Hey Nat am I okay to do some bits and pieces in here" buckys large build was half way in the door looking at my bar which had 200kg on it.
He best be intimidated, im hench af.

Nat looked over to me for confirmation, I just wanted my work out over so I gave her the okay.
" yep come on in buck, me and y/n are using these for a bit but we'll be done soon"
" thanks" he walked over to the fighting pad working on his knife skills.
Me and Nat did 4x10 sets of our deadlifts then sat down for a breather and water.
" any of you ladies want to train knives with me" bucky stood twiddling one through his fingers.

Something took over me and I felt like I had to do this, out of anger maybe.
" I will" he looked taken back probably expecting Nat to answer but he gets me.
I got up onto the same area as bucky and took a stance. He lunged for me with his knife but I hit his arm backwards, grabbing it and twisting myself into it so I could grab the knife out his hand.
Both of us stood with a knife each staring one another down.
" get him dee woo" Nat yelled for me throwing bucky off as I lunged for his legs tackling him so he fell to the ground.

Before I could pin him he grabbed my foot and threw me to the ground making me hit my head hard enough for a concussion.
" shit sorry y/n!"
" shut up James"

My adrenaline was pumping and I was beginning to get very angry with him, lunging for him again I caught his skin with my knife giving him a sizeable cut on his chest through his shirt.
He looked hurt but I was too angry, the blood made me think back to what he put me through. My breath was speeding up, I threw my knife to the side as did he.
Jumping for him I crawled around onto his back creating a lock around his neck, he managed to throw me off then pining my winded body to the ground.

Tears threatened to leave my eyes, a mixture of terror and confusion spread across my face. We were very close but I wasn't afraid of being hurt, my cheeks burned so I made him get off me with my powers and got him to walk out of the gym.
I just laid there on my back as Nat left to take bucky to Bruce to check his chest wound.
Did my stomach just turn due to barnes being that close to me..no.. cant be, he's not even a friend let alone someone that deserves butterflies from me.

I did feel bad for the wound though, that wasn't fair and ill definitely get an ear full from Tony soon.

Crap