𝟏 ⇢ 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇

you closed the door to the english teacher's office behind you, turning your attention to the man sitting in a chair behind his desk.

"y/n. come sit." your teacher gave you a welcoming smile, beckoning you over to one of the chairs across from him.

you returned a polite, close lipped smile as you nervously walked towards the chair. you didn't know why he'd asked to see you. you didn't think you'd done anything wrong.

you tucked the skirt of your uniform underneath your thighs as you sat, looking around the teacher's office. it was simple, with a couple of plants set up against the windowsill and papers and books piled up on the large wooden desk.

"i hope you don't mind, y/n. he's late," the english teacher grumbled, looking at his watch with an irritated expression.

"no, it's fine," you said quickly. "sorry, who's late?"

almost on cue, the door opened quickly, revealing a tall figure.

"hey. sorry." he gave the teacher an apologetic smile, but his eyes glistened with amusement. you recognized the boy as kuroo, the captain of the boy's volleyball team. 

you wondered what he was doing here at the same time as you. you didn't really associate with him. he was popular, with many girls that liked him because of his handsome face and nicely built body. he took advantage of that. kuroo was known for sleeping with many girls, and you'd heard a large amount of rumors about how good he was in bed. 

you, on the other hand, were known by most people, but you wouldn't consider yourself popular.

"please sit, kuroo." the english teacher gestured to the chair next to yours.

kuroo looked over at you, his eyes sweeping up and down your sitting figure before making his way over to the chair. he sat down and leaned back into the backrest, crossing his arms over his chest and opening his legs.

you thought it was a little bit disrespectful, but you didn't say anything to him. instead, you spoke to the teacher.

"so, why are we here?"

the english teacher sighed, and pulled out a folder from a pile on his desk. he looked over at kuroo.

"you need to get your grades up in my class," the teacher stated plainly to kuroo, and you immediately saw the boy tense up. he uncrossed his arms and fidgeted with the golden hoop earring in his ear.

so that's what this was about.

"what does that have to do with me?" you asked slowly, looking at kuroo out of the corner of your eye.

"well, the thing is, y/n. you're fluent in english, aren't you?" the teacher looked at you knowingly, in a way that told you there was no backing out of this.

you sighed. "yeah."

"i would love it if you tutored kuroo for a little while. just until he can get his grade up and keep it there."

you fought back a grimace. you felt kuroo watching you, a small smile playing on his lips. the thought of spending time alone with him made you flustered and annoyed at the same time. but whatever type of fluttering you felt in your stomach didn't matter. kuroo was off limits. you knew he would play you. he'd broken countless hearts, and yours would be no different.

"um..." you trailed off, feeling cornered. you didn't really want to. it was a waste of your time, and kuroo wasn't someone you'd typically hang out with. he seemed cocky and shallow, just a pretty boy and nothing deeper than that.

"of course i'd be offering some kind of compensation," the english teacher interrupted your train of thought. "i won't give you any homework in the duration of your tutoring. you don't need it anyways, you're fluent."