𝟔 ⇢ 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓

you stood in front of your mirror, wearing the sixth outfit you'd tried on that evening. the rest of them were sprawled out of your bed.

you didn't know how to dress yourself. you didn't know what kuroo would be wearing, or whether this was a jeans type of occasion or a sweatpants type of occasion.

you groaned, holding your head in your hands.

why am i even trying?

it bothered you that you wanted to look good for him so badly. you wondered why you agreed to this in the first place.

you took off the outfit you were wearing, throwing it on your bed along with all the others. you went back to your closet, opening it.

"something simple," you said to yourself. "i don't want to look desperate or something."

you finally picked up a simple pair of straight cut blue ripped jeans. they were your favorite pair. you picked a black, short sleeve, fitted crop top to accompany it. you carried the hangers to the mirror and held them next to each other.

you stared at the outfit with mixed feelings, before groaning again. "oh, what the fuck." you were tired of feeling so pressured to look nice. it was 5:40 anyways, and though you'd done your hair, your makeup was not done.

you put on the jeans and crop top, doing a spin in the mirror. you told yourself it was good enough, and started to do your makeup. you did almost the same look as last night except with minimal eyeliner, keeping it simple with the brown eyeshadow, lip gloss, and mascara. you didn't want to overdo it for a tutoring session. 

you ran out of your room and down to the dining room. your backpack was laying on the floor there, where you'd left it last night. you figured the dining room would actually be a good place for the tutoring, so you moved your backpack closer to a chair on the long side of the table. that way, kuroo could sit next to you.

it was 5:56 when you heard a knock on your door. you knew that because you were practically counting down the minutes. but this caught you by surprise.

he's early?

you didn't even give yourself time to think about it. you immediately jumped off the couch and sprinted to the front door. once you got there, you paused, catching your breath.

"okay," you whispered to yourself, feeling the nerves rise up from within you. "okay," you repeated, and then opened the door to reveal a smiling kuroo. you smiled back at him.

"hey, y/n." kuroo spread out his arms, asking for a hug.

you bit your bottom lip and grabbed his arm, pulling him inside your house. you closed the door behind you and locked it, only then turning back to him to give him his hug.

"kuroo," you said, and wrapped your arms around his neck, settling yourself against his muscular body. kuroo's arms snaked around your waist, pulling you even closer to him. he leaned down a little to accommodate your height, and you buried your head against his chest. "you smell good," you said.

kuroo chuckled, and you felt the vibrations in his chest.

you broke away from his embrace, taking your time to look at his outfit. it was your first time seeing him in something other than the school uniform or the volleyball game and practice uniforms. he was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and grey sweatpants, a little less nice than what you were wearing, but you didn't mind at all. he looked good regardless. his backpack was slung around his shoulder.

you led him into your house, walking through the kitchen before getting to the dining room. he looked around curiously.

"do you want something to drink?" you asked kuroo, walking away from him back into the kitchen.