𝟐 ⇢ 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄

kasumi stood in front of the classroom filled with the other student council members. she was student body president (of course), so she was the leader of the rest of you.

"as many of you may know, the school formal dance is coming up." kasumi announced.

you leaned your head on your hands, watching her twirl her hair in her fingers in an attempt to be cute.

"that means we have to come up with a theme, plan, and then execute." she smiled. "so we have our work cut out for us."

everyone around you nodded in agreement and understanding.

"does anyone have any theme ideas?" kasumi asked, grabbing a white board marker and making a bullet point to write down the ideas.

"under the sea!" a boy suggested, and was answered by a loud chorus of no's.

"any other ideas?" kasumi asked, disregarding the previous suggestion.

"a white ball?" suggested a girl.

kasumi's face scrunched up in disgust. "i look bad in white," she said. "we're not doing that."

"neon lights?" someone chimed in uncertainly. kasumi shrugged and wrote it on the board.

it continued like that. people suggested paris, hollywood, masquerade ball, tropical island, disco, and others. none of the ideas sounded particularly interesting to you, but you didn't have any better ideas so you stayed quiet.

"okay." kasumi finished writing on the white board and looked at all of you with an excited glint in her eye. "i like tropical island the best, so we're doing that."

you raised an eyebrow in annoyance. what's this habit her and kuroo have of deciding things for other people? you watched kasumi draw a big circle around tropical island on the white board and then smile and clap her hands together happily.

a few protests erupted through the room, but no one challenged her forwardly. you didn't really care what the theme was, you were just looking forward to the excuse to show out. you cleaned up very nicely, but you only rarely showed that side of yourself.

"okay!" kasumi spoke, quieting the room. "let's assign our jobs. we need people to communicate with the teachers, we need people to make flyers, and we need people to start researching decorations and food options."

as much as you hated kasumi, she was organized and knew what needed to be done. she quickly assigned everybody work to do to prepare for the dance. she assigned you and a few other people to make drafts of flyers, telling you she would share a document with you that included all the information needed on them.

"the dance is in three weeks!" she shouted, clapping her hands together again. "let's get to work."

•••

you walked into the school library. it was mostly quiet, the only sounds that could be heard were the scratching of pencils on paper, the turning of book pages, and the occasional whispers and soft voices of students.

you hated that you were nervous. for some reason it seemed unlikely that kuroo would even show up, further invalidating the way your mouth was dry and your mind kept replaying scenarios of what you would say to him or how you would teach him.

you thought about going into one of the private study rooms on the side of the library, but you realized that kuroo wouldn't be able to see you in there, and you didn't have his number or his snapchat or anything to tell him where you were. he would probably think you had flaked. if he came at all