𝟐𝟒 ⇢ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

you didn't know why you went back to school on monday hoping to see kuroo. you weirdly hoped that the training camp was all a joke, or that he was messing with you, but you knew that was ridiculous. it was just wishful thinking; fantasies.

over the weekend, kuroo had texted you at night time, but he was busy during the day and said he didn't have much time to facetime. you weren't upset about it or anything; you knew how committed he was to volleyball and that the training camps took a lot of time and energy. you didn't want to take up his time to sleep and rest either, so you just let it be. texting was enough. you just missed his voice a little bit.

you had a busy schedule on mondays, so you didn't even get to see ayako very much. you were excited to go to dance practice so that the two of you could catch up. you were planning to thoroughly interrogate her about her time with tanaka, and also tell her about the latest developments with kuroo and your parents coming home.

you stepped into the studio where you and ayako always practiced. the competition was on friday, so you were going to practice a lot this week to make sure your dance was at its best. she was already there, scrolling through her phone.

"ayako!" you called her name, closing the door behind you are running towards her.

the two of you wrapped each other in a tight hug.

"hey, girl." ayako smiled at you. "how are you?"

"good, you?"

"i'm fucking amazing. i just want the competition to come already."

you nodded, eyes wide. "same," you said.

"also, tanaka's gonna be there." at the mention of him, she swooned a little bit.

"he is? why?" you put your bag down and began to stretch the muscles in your arms.

"you didn't know? there's a whole bunch of volleyball games at the same place as our dance competition."

you raised your eyebrows. "does that mean-"

"yes, your boyfriend will be there." ayako laughed teasingly, nudging your arm. you giggled, and she bent down to touch her toes, hanging there for a moment.

"how was your day with tanaka on saturday?" you asked, lunging to the side.

"oh my god, it was so good. he has such good fashion sense. and you know that's one of the main qualities i look for in a man."

you laughed, standing up straight.

"and he's so funny," ayako said. "he's just fun to be around." she thought for a moment. "he mentioned this girl named... kiyoko i think? something like that."

"oh yeah!" you nodded; the name rang a bell. "he mentioned her at bokuto's party. him and noya were like 'we have to stay loyal to kiyoko,' but i guess that didn't last long."

"oh... that makes sense." ayako smiled brightly. "because he told me that he liked me more than her because i actually respond to what he says. he said she ignores him and noya."

you laughed, and then pouted. "i miss noya."

"me too, but we'll see him on saturday."

with that, the two of you decided to start dancing. you finished warming up your bodies and decided to run through your choreography all the way through to see how it looked and felt. you two danced so well together; the chemistry was perfect.

when you'd finished your dance, you breathing was a little heavy, but you felt lighter.

"ayako," you said, walking over to your bag to get your water bottle. "my parents came home."