𝟐𝟎 ⇢ 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊

you made it exactly ten seconds through homeroom before ayako decided to poke her nose in your business.

she watched you walk in and take your seat next to hers, a eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face.

"you got some of that kuroo dick, didn't you?"

"shut up!" you said, and you and ayako burst out into laughter, gathering the attention of a few of your classmates. once everyone had looked away from you, you leaned toward ayako and lowered your voice. "is it obvious?"

"your legs look a little... um." ayako held in a giggle. "...weak."

you had to laugh, and ayako followed, letting out a series of mischievous chuckles. you started laughing at each others laughs until you were both wheezing, gasping for air.

"okay, but bitch, we have to debrief. how was it?" ayako asked, intrigued.

"i know i have nothing to compare him to, but whew." you fanned yourself dramatically and ayako burst into laughter. "had me collapsing and shit."

"collapsing? damn." ayako ran a hand through her hand. "but, are you gonna continue keeping your relationship a secret? that seems kind of tiring."

"i don't know... honestly, i'm a little worried about what people say. you know how people talk here."

"true... given kuroo's reputation, they may say bad things about you." ayako tapped her chin in thought. "ugh."

"i know," you said. "but the other thing is, people still want to hook up with him since they don't know about us. i don't want to have to deal with other people trying to get with him. not that i'm even dating him, but it just seems like..." you trailed off, getting lost in your thoughts.

"don't worry too much about it. you'll know the right thing to do when the situation arises."

"you're right." you nodded, convincing yourself.

you proceeded to tell ayako about the art class with kuroo and kenma, and how kenma was actually really good at art. you told her that kuroo, on the other hand, was not so good. but you thought it was cute that he'd put in the effort to understand your interests. ayako thought it was cute too, shown by her excessive amounts of squeals. ayako informed you that tanaka was staying the night at her house after the dance, causing you to raise your eyebrows in surprise. she told you that they were going to hang out the next day, since karasuno wasn't going to the training camp kuroo was going to. you clapped your hands together excitedly and told her that if she didn't tell you everything that happened you would beat her ass.

with that, your math teacher walked in and you two had to shut up and attend class.

•••

you got out of the lunch line, carrying your tray to the table you and ayako usually sat at. she wasn't there yet because she was retaking a test, so you sat down by yourself and began to eat your sandwich.

as you ate, you heard the conversation of some girls from the table next to yours. you didn't recognize them; they were probably second years.

"isn't that girl walking weird?" one girl whispered. you knew she was talking about you, but you didn't look at her and just pretended not to hear.

"yeah," another girl giggled. "she must have had sex or something."

you bit your lip.

"ugh, lucky her. i wish that was me," the third girl groaned, resting her head in her hands.

"with who?" the first girl teased. "kuroo?" her voice was in a sing-song tone.

the first and second girl laughed together.

"as if you wouldn't fuck him," the third girl said.

"who wouldn't want to fuck the hot third year?" the second one shrugged, and then focused back on her food.

you had to smile to yourself. pride coursed through your body. the hot third year liked you. out of all the girls who liked him, he chose you.

"can we sit here?" a voice pulled you out of your thoughts. you immediately recognized it.

you whipped around, looking up at kuroo's smug face. kenma stood behind him, holding his lunch tray cutely.

"kuroo?" you had to admit, you were surprised to see him.

"i know you don't want me to talk to you in school," kuroo began, a smirk spreading on his lips. "but i just couldn't resist."

his words made your stomach flutter more than you would like, so you just huffed.

"okay, you can sit with me." you turned back toward your food as kuroo sat down next to you and kenma across from him, leaving the spot across from you open for ayako.

"where's your friend?" kenma asked.

"she's retaking a test. she's gonna be a little late." you opened your bag of chips, putting one in your mouth.

"oh, okay." kenma began eating.

kuroo loosened his tie a little bit, and then looked down at your lunch tray.

"could i get a chip?" he asked, rolling up his sleeves.

you gave him a look that said: absolutely not, tf.

kuroo clicked his tongue, and leaned his face closer to yours, a smirk on his face. "please, baby?"

you felt your defenses crumble, and you reached into the bag of chips. "fine," you said, dropping a chip into his hand. he smiled at you and put the chip in his mouth, chewing it and then swallowing. 

"thank you," kuroo whispered, patting the inside of your thigh underneath the table.

"by the way," you began. "what's with 'baby?'"

"why?" kuroo asked, taking a bite of his food. "you don't like it?"

"no, i do... i was just wondering why you started calling me that all of a sudden."

"'cause you're my girl." he said it as if it was obvious, making your heart flutter.

"Y/N!" ayako's voice pierced through the noise of the cafeteria, causing you to turn. she was speed walking towards you with her lunch tray, trying to keep everything balanced. you waved to her as she reached the table. she put down her tray at her seat.

"hey, bitch." you gave her a quick side hug. "how was your test?"

ayako grimaced a little. "uhhh."

you laughed, gesturing for her to sit down.

"i see we have company today," she said, looking at the two boys sitting with you. "hi kenma. hey kuroo."

she said kuroo's name suggestively, sending you a wink.  you kicked her under the table, only causing ayako to laugh. kuroo picked up on it, of course, and let out a little chuckle. he hadn't realized you'd told ayako that you and him were more than just friends.

"i think the volleyball team misses you two," you said casually. kenma and kuroo usually sat at lunch with the team, and now that they were gone, all the rest of the boys were craning their necks to try and find them within the cafeteria.

"they'll be fine," kenma said blankly. "here is better. it's less annoying."

with that, the four of you ate your lunches with casual conversation. you liked this: lunch next to the boy you loved with his hand subconsciously resting on your thigh.