𝟐𝟖 ⇢ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄

you parked your car in nekoma's parking lot.

the competition today was at fukurodani, and your team was taking the bus together instead of going individually. it was more professional and organized that way.

you grabbed your dance bag out of the trunk of your car and made your way over to the bus. you could see a growing group of people wearing red nekoma jackets standing in front of the entrance of the school holding different types of bags.

although... something was weird. why were there boys? there weren't any on dance team, so-

"good morning, y/n." you were met with yamamoto's eager eyes and apparent blush. he was wearing a sports bag and holding a water bottle in his hand. "you look beautiful as ever today."

"oh, hi yamamoto." you smiled at him. "um... why are you here?" you asked confused, a hopeful feeling spreading in your stomach.

"did you not hear? we're taking the bus with dance. the school didn't want to spend too much money or something like that."

you nodded in understanding, happiness filling your stomach. did that mean kuroo was here?

you made your way over to the group with yamamoto next to you, looking around and spotting all your friends from dance, and also volleyball, including your boyfriend.

you made your way over to him first, wrapping your arms around his waist happily.

"i didn't know you were coming on the bus with us," you told him, burying your head in his chest.

kuroo wrapped his strong arms around you and kissed your forehead. "it must have been a last minute decision. i didn't know either."

you pulled away from the hug and looked up at kuroo expectantly. he stared back down at you fondly, and a smile formed on his face. he bent his head down to give you a sweet kiss on the lips, making you smile and giggle.

"how are you feeling this morning?" you asked kuroo, brushing off his shoulders. "did you eat enough?"

"yes ma'am." kuroo nodded at you. "did you? you need energy."

"i had a good breakfast, thank you." you grinned sweetly up at him. "i'm gonna go say hi to my friends."

"wait." kuroo grabbed your wrist, and leaned his head down towards you, your faces close together. you bit your bottom lip, heart rate speeding up as kuroo's eyes flitted down to your lips and then back up to your eyes.

"will you sit next to me on the bus?" kuroo finally asked, his voice no louder than a whisper.

you released a breath you didn't know you'd been holding, and rolled your eyes.

you clicked your tongue and shrugged indifferently. "i guess," you said slowly, trying to sound like you didn't want to.

"stop doing that. i know you want to sit next to me."

"eh." you said, and sent him a playful wink, walking off towards ayako and mitsuko, who were engaged in conversation. kenma stood next to them on his phone. you had to admit, you were a bit surprised to see him there instead of with kuroo, but you'd noticed that kenma and ayako actually got along quite well. you thought it was a bit strange since ayako was so extraverted and energetic, and kenma was not.

"hey guys," you greeted, pulling mitsuko in for a hug.

"hi y/n," they all said, and you moved on to hug ayako next. finally, you hugged kenma, and then pulled away, the four of you standing in a square.

"kenma said that every time he sees kasumi, he gets physically sick." ayako laughed, doubling over.

kenma shrugged while looking up from his phone, a small smile playing on his lips.