𝟑 ⇢ 𝐁𝐎𝐊𝐔𝐓𝐎

"y/n!" ayako called your name, running to you from the middle of the hallway.

you were at your locker, picking up some books you needed for your next class and stuffing them into your backpack.

"hey, ayako! sorry i wasn't able to walk to dance with you yesterday." you gave her an apologetic smile.

"don't worry about it. were you tutoring kuroo?"

you quickly covered her mouth with your hand, looking around you to see if anyone heard.

"lower your voice, ayako!" you whispered. "you never know where his fangirls might be lurking. and i don't want anyone to hear."

"sorry," ayako smiled sheepishly. "but how did it go?" you saw a faint blush on her cheeks, and you gave her a suspicious look.

"why do you ask? do you like him or something?"

ayako sucked her teeth. "girl, don't get ahead of yourself. i like him how everyone else likes him. he's attractive, but i don't really know him. i can only like his looks."

you nodded, still squinting at her in playful suspicion. she laughed before hitting you lightly on the arm.

"you still haven't told me how it went."

you chuckled. "well, he didn't ask me to fuck, so that's something."

ayako laughed briefly before you continued.

" but it was fine. normal, i guess. he's kind of bad at english."

"he's probably not that bad, you're just really good," ayako remarked. "is he nice?" she asked.

you shrugged. "he's okay."

ayako's eyes widened in excitement, her jaw dropping a little bit. "tell me more!"

"sometimes he was kind of... goofy? i don't know."

ayako smiled fondly. "that's cute."

"no, he's still annoying." 

closing your locker, you zipped up your backpack and threw it over your shoulder, ready to go to your next class.

"hey. y/n." you felt a tap on your shoulder. you turned, came face to face with a chest, and then looked up to see kuroo's beaming face. your breath hitched at the sight of him. he'd left the top few buttons of his uniform open, revealing some skin and also a silver necklace that matched with the small silver hoops he wore in his ears. his hair stuck up as usual. his hands were clasped behind him as well as he could with the backpack on. you noticed his eyes quickly look you up and down before refocusing on your face.

you heard ayako gasp slightly from behind you. you bit the inside of your cheek and looked around at the other people in the hallway. to your relief, no one seemed to be paying attention.

"what do you need?" you asked, frustrated that he was talking to you in school in front of everyone.

"don't look so sad to see me," his finger touched the tip of your nose for a moment. "i know you don't hate me. you don't have to pretend."

you rolled your eyes slowly. he was right, but you didn't want to admit that. "what do you have to say, kuroo? you look like an idiot standing like that."

kuroo's smirk fell and he raised an eyebrow. "cut the attitude," he said firmly, making your stomach flutter a little. immediately after he gave you a small smile. he quickly held out a paper.

"what's this?" you asked.

"my homework from last night. i did it after you tutored me." he grinned proudly.