𝟏𝟎 ⇢ 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊

you sat with the other girls in student council. all of you were trying to come up with places to get food for the dance, and since kasumi wanted to be in charge (of course), the computer sat on her desk instead of anyone else's.

"what about this place?" she said, gesturing towards the screen.

"can you pass the computer around, kasumi? we can't see." a girl named mitsuko crossed her arms in front of her chest.

kasumi's grip only tightened on the computer. "you guys can see just fine." she huffed. "plus, i'm the president, so i should have the computer."

you rolled your eyes, watching passively as the girls talked. 

"she's so full of it," mitsuko said quietly, only loud enough for you to hear.

you widened your eyes and nodded furiously. "for real."

"are you guys bringing dates?" kasumi said suddenly, probably so that she could brag about her supposed date, kuroo. "they can be from the school, or you can bring a plus one."

the topic did seem to lift the mood of the group. the girls perked up at the opportunity to talk about boys.

"i'm waiting for my boyfriend to ask me," said one girl, and a few others muttered 'me too's.

"kuroo's going to ask me soon," kasumi said, a smile blooming on her face. she seemed so in love with him, it kind of made you feel bad for her. kuroo said the pda was all for show, but it seemed like she actually really liked him.

"kuroo's slept with a lot of girls, kasumi," mitsuko stated.

"yeah, but i know he likes me." she flipped her hair off her shoulder. "who else would he like?"

you exhaled sharply. you wanted to yell at her that he didn't like her at all, so she should stop being so fucking full of herself and try to lift others up for once. you contained yourself.

mitsuko raised an eyebrow, crossing one leg over the other. a mischievous smile grew on her face. "raise your hand if you've had sex with kuroo."

your jaw dropped at her words, and you watched as four out of the eight of you hesitantly raised their hands, including kasumi. your heart dropped into your stomach. it felt sad and discouraging.

kasumi looked around, looking discouraged as well. although she was worse at hiding it than you were.

"i don't know, he might like them," mitsuko said, giving kasumi a fake apologetic grimace.

kasumi looked like she'd just been punched in the gut, and you had to admit, it made you happy to see her like that. she deserved it. but... kuroo had slept with all these girls.

mitsuko looked around at the four girls, who were slowly lowering their hands.

"damn," she muttered, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. "the dick must be good, huh?"

kasumi's eyebrows drew together in a mix of rage and embarrassment. "mitsuko, if you don't shut the fu-"

"what about the single girls?" a girl named saki interrupted, trying to change the mood of the conversation before things got too escalated. "are you bringing dates?"

"well, there's a boy i'm talking to," said one, a blush flowing up to her face.

"i'm going with my friend," said another, grinning.

girls kept naming people they were supposed to go to the dance with, and kasumi and others drank it all up with glowing eyes.

kasumi turned to you. "so is y/n the only one without a date?" she'd regained her composure, and grimaced at you in a way that suggested that she thought you should be embarrassed.