∘☍✧ₒStolen Treasures ∘☍✧ₒ

"𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦!" ----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

The second task of the tournament was fast approaching, only a few days away. Lauren had made up with Ron, so had Hermione. But she still wasn't on speaking terms with Harry.

She wished he would try and talk to her, explain what happened with the ball, and she was close to giving in and just demanding an explanation.

Harry was trying to give her space, although he really missed her. He still didn't know why she was ignoring him, and had given up on trying to figure it out. He was honestly started to get annoyed with it all.

Lauren was currently hanging out in the HufflePuff common room, along with Cedric, his girlfriend Cho, Rolf, Justin, and Hannah Abbot.

"You still haven't figured out the hint for the second task? Ced, it's literally days away!" Lauren lectured.

"And it's literally just a loud screech! I don't hear you figuring it out, genius!" He retorted.

"I haven't actually heard it. When Harry opened his, I was still in the hospital wing. Could you open it?" She asked, gesturing to the egg.

"Erm- sure. Everybody cover your ears!" Cedric warned, and then opened the golden egg cautiously.

He was right, a loud, ear splitting shriek came out of the egg. Everyone winced at the sound and Cedric quickly closed it up.

Lauren took notice to something, though, and began explaining her thoughts. "Doesn't it sound like there's words? Behind all the screeching."

All the students gave her a weird look, but Cho raised her eyebrows. "No, no. She's right!"

Lauren wasn't necessarily too fond of Chang at the moment, considering the whole predicament with Harry, but smiled nonetheless.

"Maybe if you, I dunno, umm.. muffle it, in some way! Like use a silencing charm, or cover it with something. Maybe...." Lauren started thinking aloud, and after a pause said, "water! Submerge it under water! That'll muffle it, right?"

"Wow, she is a genius!" Rolf exclaimed.

"How are you not in Ravenclaw?" Hannah asked.

Lauren just laughed them off and turned to Cedric. "Well, go on then!"

"Right!" He said, getting up from his seat. "I'll try the water thing in the prefects' bathroom, should be able to there."

After a while, Cedric returned to the group in the common room, and explained how the water suggestion worked. He then recited the riddle that the egg had and they started brainstorming the meaning.