∘☍✧ₒThe DA? ∘☍✧ₒ

"𝘚𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥-𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵

"𝘚𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥-𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘵."
—————————————————————

Harry and Lauren walked silently back to the common room after detention. It was Friday, their last day of the insufferable torture, and Umbridge had let them out sooner than normal, oddly enough.

Both of their hands had raging pain going through them, as blood dripped from the letters carved into their skin.

They entered the common room, which was filled by the quidditch team, Ron, Hermione, and a couple of first years.

To their surprise, Ron was with the quidditch team. "Harry, Lauren, look! I made the team, I'm Gryffindor's new keeper!" He told them excitedly.

"Wow, Ron that's amazing!" Lauren told him, she didn't even know he was trying out.

"Yeah, great job, mate!" Harry said, patting him on the back.

Hermione then emerged from the other side of the room, clearly excited about something. She bounced over to Lauren, reaching to her right wrist.

"Hermione, wait-" Harry started, but it was too late.

"Ren, oh I just had the best idea-" Hermione started, as she eagerly grabbed Lauren's hand, causing her to hiss in pain.

Hermione immediately dropped her grip and gaped at Lauren, who was silently holding back a wince.

She then looked down at the hand she had grabbed Lauren's with, and found a smear of blood on it.

Hermione looked from her hand to Lauren, to Harry, and back, before pushing the two to the couch she came from.

"Lauren, give me your hand." Hermione said firmly. When Lauren looked at her reluctantly, Hermione repeated herself. "Lauren, hand."

Lauren slowly gave her hand to Hermione, who took it gently in her own, gasping at the sight.

The words "I must not tell lies" were carved in deep red and purple letters, blood trickling down her wrist.

Realization stretched across Hermione's face, followed by faint anger, as she asked, "This was your writing lines?!"

Before either could reply, Hermione continued. "You've got to report this! This is barbaric! Harry, give me yours."

Harry extended his right hand, as Hermione inspected it. "We aren't saying anything about this."

Hermione shot her eyes up and whisper-shouted, "Are you two mental?!"

"Mione, if we report this, then she's won. Besides, they won't do anything about it." Lauren said annoyed.

"That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard." Hermione muttered.