Chapter 20 : Solutions

Ray was laying on her side, dull and dry eyes staring at the empty wall in front of her

Ray was laying on her side, dull and dry eyes staring at the empty wall in front of her. Despite the rays of sunshine coming through the giant windows, signifying morning, the girl had made no attempt to move. For a couple of hours now, actually.

It was all simply too much.

So for today, at least for today, all she wanted was rest.

But apparently, Ray couldn't even get that, as she heard her door being violently thrown open and two pairs of hasty feet running in.

"Ray!" The familiar, squirming voice called out upon noticing the girl laying in her bed. "Why are you still in bed, its 1pm?"

"That's not what matters right now, Cel!" The other one whined, quickly jogging up to the foot of the bed. "Get up you lazy ass, there's good news!"

"What?" Ray blinked away the blurriness, groaning profusely at how stuff her muscles were when she tried to sit up.

"You've been redeemed girl! You're free!" Diana yelled out happily, staring at her with creepily excited expression.

Ray rubbed her eyes, looking up at the other. "Human terms please. What the fuck do you mean by redeemed?"

"You always mess up every single surprise!" Celine whined whilst coming up to them. "What she meant is that your scandal has been resolved! You're not getting cancelled anymore, Ray!" She beamed.

It took the girl a couple of seconds to process, before she silently lunged for her phone. Unlocking it with ease, her first instinct was clicking on twitter. As usual, thousands of notifications but they were... different?

"What happened?" Ray asked in pure confusion, now wide awake, as she scrolled through her feed trying to find her savior.

"Apparently the guy that caused all of this, TommyInnit was it?" Diana began hesitantly, turning to see Celine shrugging, equally clueless. "Yeah, whoever that is. He tweeted something and explained the situation and opinions on you have gone completely 360."

Now in shock, Ray quickly searched up Tommy's account on twitter. And to her surprise, his pinned tweet did indeed say that. It wasn't just one, it was a thread of him de-bunking arguments against her and defending her from any hate.

The girl was staring at her screen, wide open as she read through the thread.

"Uh, girl, you good?" Diana asked with a frown.

"Give her a moment. It must be weird." Celine assured. She then looked back down at her own phone. "By the way, doesn't the TommyInnit guy seem familiar to you? I swear, he's some minecraft streamer like Ray, and I've never heard of him, but its as if I've seen him before..."

Diana furrowed her eyebrows, also staring into her friend's screen. "Now that you mention it..." She muttered, before the realization set in soon after.