I want to be a doctor

Hello everyone, this is my first time writing a story here so pls bear with my grammars/errors, i hope you'll enjoy this
Xoxo:*)

Edit: I'm altering some of the grammars in the entire book to make it a little bit better.

"This is so restrictive. I didn't ask to be born as a princess who would rule this country one day. Why do I have to force myself to study politics?" You whispered underneath your breath while flipping the boring pages of 'the political economy of governance' book. You haven't read the book halfway but sleep came in early so you decided to nap on top of the pages.

"Sleeping yourself in the middle of your studies won't help you manage this country one day, (y/n)." An old man came entering the door without a knock. His entire mouth was covered with white beard tracing from his jaw to his ears. Wearing a gold and blue royal mantle, the diamond stones attached to it made it shimmer as the light of the room hit its surface, showing resplendence. Your searched for the owner of the voice and was displeased to see your father eyeing on you.

"Give me a break old man, I've been scanning these boring pages for about an hour now". You huffed, shifting your gaze at the pages.

"You're not coming out of this room until you finish studying." The king enunciated, giving you a cold glare.

Before he could even leave for the door, you stood up hastily, accidentally knocking down the chair gaining the attention of the king.

"I'm so tired of you giving me orders to do this and do that. I want to decide for my own life. I don't want to study politics!" You snapped, throwing a scornful look at the king.

"I don't care! You will become the Queen of this country whether you like it or not. Don't you dare disobey me (y/n) or you won't be able to get out of this room until I say so!" The king walked out slamming the door.

Tears clouding your vision as you walked towards the door. Unable to hold them back, you whimpered to the ground sobbing hopelessly.

"You're wrong dad. I don't want to become someone of high priority. I don't want to become important. I just want to be free. Free from doing the things I like. I want to be the one who provides service, not someone being served." You whispered to yourself. Your other hand clenching your dress.

"I want to be a doctor."

👑👑👑👑

You could feel your energy draining from the tears you poured out because of the argument you had with the king. You numbed on the ground wrapping your knees and staring at the surface, questioning the world because of the faith you were born in.

You've been studying politics since you were 15 years old. You spent your entire childhood training with your uncle on how to fight, sparring with him, learning how to use your favorite weapon, the scythe. It may not be that obvious, but you're quite good at fighting and you are also a devil fruit eater. Not that you dislike using your power, but you prefer to hide it since it's like a double-edged sword.(you will know later on)

Your uncle taught you with all that he got. He trained you on how to survive the night on the jungle nearest to the palace with wild beast surrounding everywhere. The celestial dragons intentionally allow the wild beast to roam around the forest as one of the securities of the palace. As for you, you took this opportunity to become stronger.

Every night at 9 pm, you would escape from your room through the window using a rope. You would sneak quietly from the back of the guards until you reach the thick bushes located at the wall and sneak through the covert that connects the inside of the palace to the forest. The palace is surrounded by tall and strong walls that not even a canon could penetrate in it. Outside the wall, your uncle would wait for you to start your training, from 9 pm to 2 am in the morning. You would sleep at the tent and wake up at 5 am to go back inside your room. It has become your habit for 14 yrs, since you started training at 7, but when you reached 15, the king forbid you to train so you had no choice but to hide it from him.

You stand up from your position and and walked towards the mirror. Observing yourself from the cheval glass with golden frames, you wiped your tears and decided to change your dress into your fighting gear since it's already 9 pm.

You opened your closet and grabbed your black fitted mini skirt with a split on its edge and a chain hanging in front of your thighs. As for your top, you went for a black halter tank tops that is easy to wear, and would not get in the way of your movements. You tied your (h/c) strands into a ponytail and wore your black boots and black socks just right above the knee.

You gently pushed aside your closet revealing a mini drawer where you hid your yellow scythe.

You went to the window and released the rope from the 7th floor to maneuver yourself to the ground.

It's training time.

Don't die.

You were holding the rope tightly as you accidentally broke your grip when you reached the last floor landing yourself with your knee cap. It resulted to a little tear from your sock, but you were lucky enough that you didn't receive a bruise from it... Or not. Your palms were a little bit scratched but not that it hurts a lot so you continue to get up sneaking behind the guards.

But it hurts tho.