fire cracker

(Y/n)'s pov

I crawled myself to the mini doorway and found myself outside of the vicinity.

"You're 10 minutes late, Princess". The 6'5 feet guy proclaimed standing across the mini doorway and leaning against an old sturdy tree. He has oak colored hair , dark orbs, and he's wearing his fighting gear as well. You can even tell his age just by looking at him.

The man is already 37 years old. Single. Not wanting to marry, he said, but the truth is, no one would try to marry him for being clumsy and him looking stupid sometimes. I feel bad for the girls who rejected him, they literally let go of such a rare gem.

"Sorry, I had a little break down a while ago, and I fell to my knees from the first floor when I was escaping." I answered nonchalantly tidying my palms.

"Arguments?"

"Yep, with your brother."

"He's your father too you know, I'm not the only relative here." I rolled my eyes as I heard him chuckle a little bit.

"Anyway, Mr. Firecracker, what kind of session will we be having for today?" I asked him grinning as I wait for his reaction.

"Well for today's training we will- hey I said stop addressing me with that name!" He spouted at me with his saliva slightly splashing.

"Mr. Fire cracker, it's drizzling again!" I laughed at his reaction as he spoke more to defend himself from my insults.

"What drizzling are you talking about! Come over here and I will definitely shove your face in the lake to wash away the drizzles you're speaking about." He nagged, pointing at the direction of the lake.

👑👑👑👑

My uncle is the brother of my father. The two are way too different to the point that you would question whether they are really blood related brothers or not. If not with their similarities in appearance, I would've questioned their brotherhood myself.

Their personalities differ a lot especially when it comes to their principles. The king is a utilitarian type, but with less concern to the citizens, rather he is more concerned to the celestial dragons. Instead of leading the country for the sake of the citizens, he's leading for the sake of the family's power. The celestial dragons' well-being is what he is prioritizing above anything else. It doesn't even matter if a member or two is to be sacrificed as long as they keep their reputation clean and their powers stable.

On the other hand, my uncle, Rein, does not tolerate this type of system. All of us, the celestial dragons are well aware about the slavery happening not just at the surface, but underneath the palace.

My uncle had never required a slave for himself. He has more empathy to the citizens and the slaves rather than the celestial dragons. He just doesn't have the power to change the system because he is not the reigning king of mariejois. As for me, I started to idolize him with his kind heart. Despite being surrounded with monsters disguised as humans, and being born as one of the scumbags, his heart was never tainted. I am so glad that I get to have someone like him. Someone I could follow and look up to without worrying of straying from the right path.

Speaking of, we are currently walking in a steep path at the edge of the lake, him taking the rear to the base of our camp while speaking something I don't know about, since my mind is off wondering somewhere.

"Hey, (y/n) are you even listening?" He cut me from my own imagination.

"Hmm? What you talking about mister firecracker?" I teasingly asked him.

"I said we are off to hunt the new giant tiger that has not been fed- hey! I said stop with the firecra-" he was cut from his words when he slipped his foot at the ground and landed at the lake. I mockingly laughed at his position. His upper body was totally submerged into the lake leaving his lower half above the water.

Unable to get out on his own, I went for his leg leaving the scythe on the ground and pulled him out of the water. "There, there. I hope you didn't eat anything underwater since you're always opening your mouth-"

"Shut up you spoiled princess who doesn't know how to cook!" My uncle cut me out of my statement as I grab his neck from the back pushing him down the water.

"What did you say? I'm more of good at baking and cooking is not my passion!" I defended myself while my hands are wrap around his neck as I try to playfully drown him in the water.

He then managed to take my hands off of him, grabbed me by my waist and humped me back to the water with face landing on it.

It is only one of the many moments we tried to playfully strangle each other, teasing, and pranking. My uncle and I were more of like a father and daughter than that of the king.

Water being my weakness, my uncle got the advantage of fighting on it. While I slowly feel my strength deteriorating, he figured it would be time to get out before I completely lose my strength.

I wiped myself with a towel as I wait for my strength to regain. I looked at my uncle starting to create fire using his sword. He has a solid figure with a scar at the the right side of his shoulder that he acquired from his sword fight with my father when they were still little.  Not only that, he also has a scar on his buttocks due to the firecracker he hid in his pocket.

When he was a kid, he told me he had a crush on some ordinary noble girl. He heard that the girl likes firecrackers. She wanted to try firing them on her own but her parents wouldn't allow her to. My uncle knew about it and decided to buy some fire crackers and hid it at the back of his left side pocket. He took the girl with her and sneaked in a remote area.

Before showing his surprise to her, he first made an outstanding presentation of his sword laced with dancing flames in front of the girl. He was swaying his sword with both of his hands, throwing it up in the air  creating a beautiful and mesmerizing circle of flames catching it with his bare hands. The girl who was keenly observing him started to like him too.

At the end of the presentation,  the girl clapped hard proving that she was entertained. My uncle being clumsy and stupid, did not notice that his sword still has flames on its blade. He rested the sword at his back, the  flaming blade facing the fire cracker, and you know what happened after that incident.

It left a scar on his left buttocks and his jeans were burnt too. I don't know if I'd laugh about it if I have seen it in actual, but by the look on his eyes when he told me the story, made me burst out laughing.