Twenty One

Mia woke in bed next to Cal. She smiled. "Good morning. Aaliyah woke every three hours. You slept through them all," she said.

Cal laughed and nodded. He sighed. "Alexia and me are seeing a lawyer today. I'm signing over my rights of the baby," he said.

Mia smiled. "How do you feel about that?"

"I don't know. I have Aaliyah and I'm happy with her. But it will hurt seeing Iain bringing up my baby."

Mia smiled. "Babe. You'll still see her. You just won't be her daddy."

Cal nodded and sighed. He kissed her and climbed out of bed. Mia sat in bed and sighed. She could tell that Cal was apprehensive about giving up his rights of Alexia's baby.

***
Mia was going into the ED. Aaliyah was asleep in the carseat. She looked over at her sleeping baby and smiled. She drove to the ED and smiled as she saw her sister and Iain.

Mia took out her baby and walked over. "Hey. Is everything okay?" She asked as she looked at her. She let her sister hold her baby. "It's the meeting today isn't?"

Alexia nodded and sighed. She smiled. "Cal wanted to sign them over to me. He wants Iain to raise her. I want to make sure that he won't hate me," she told her.

Mia smiled. "He doesn't hate you Lex. I promise. He has Aaliyah so he will be okay. And it's not like he's going to go without seeing her. He will see her," she said.

"Yeah. Exactly."

***
Mia left Aaliyah in the crèche. She saw Cal sitting in the staffroom. She walked over to him. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked as she kissed him.

Cal nodded. "Yeah. Is my little lady okay?"

"She's perfect. She's lapping up the attention in the crèche. I'm worried about you though. Signing over your rights to a baby isn't easy."

Cal nodded and smiled. He kissed her and sighed. "You and our little lady mean everything to me. And I love you more than I've ever loved anyone," he said.

Mia grinned. She kissed him heatedly and winked. "Tonight. You're mine."

"Oh yes please you sexy mama."

***
Mia was sitting in the flat. She looked up as Cal walked in. She smiled. "Hey. Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Alexia's baby is no longer mine. And to be honest, that sucks big time. I guess I always thought that I was having two kids. But Aaliyah is more than enough for me. I love her and I love you," Cal said as he kissed her.

Mia looked at him and smiled. She could tell that he was struggling with everything. She kissed him. "Maybe in a few months, we could try for another baby? Only if you wanted to," she said.

Cal nodded and sighed. He walked into the nursery and saw his sleeping daughter. He kissed her head and sighed. "Don't worry darling. Daddy is always going to love you. And he won't ever leave you. I promise," he said.

But he had no idea how him and Mia's life was about to drastically change.