Fourteen

Charlie walked into the staffroom and sighed as he saw alexia as she stood talking with iain. Charlie knew what he needed to do and he knew how he needed to go but he knew that cal couldn't know.

Mia needed him and cal knowing would only make things worse. "Lex. A word" Charlie said as alexia looked to him and frowned

"of course" she said as she followed Charlie out of the staffroom. Alexia looked to Charlie and frowned as she saw the look on his face

"dad, what happened?"

"It's Mia, there's been a crash and I need to go and be with her, she is in critical condition" Charlie said as alexia frowned

"are you going to be okay, Mia needs me but your pregnant and your alone" Charlie said as Alexia looked to him and smiled

"I'll be fine, I have Iain I am not alone" alexia said as Charlie looked to her and smiled.

"Dont tell cal, I don't care if it is his baby. He broke mias heart with what he did to you and how he lied and I don't want him near her and she won't either" Charlie said as alexia looked to him and smiled

"I won't say a word, I promise just let me know how she is" alexia said as she hugged Charlie who nodded.

***

Iain looked at Alexia and smiled. "What's going on?" He asked as he pulled her into his arms.

Alexia sighed. "Not here. Too many prying eyes and ears," she said as she took him back into the staffroom.

Iain frowned. "What's happened?"

"Mia. She's been in a car accident. My dad has gone there now. But it's not looking good," Alexia said as she looked at him.

Iain was shocked. He pulled her into his arms and sighed. "She'll be fine babe. I know she will."

"I hope so."

***

Charlie arrived at the hospital where Mia was. He walked inside. "My daughter. Mia Fairhead. Where is she?"

"This way sir. She's in the Resuscitation room."

Charlie sighed and nodded. He followed the doctor to the Resus. He saw his daughter lying there with all doctors around her.

He felt his heart break for her knowing that it was all down to Cal that his Mia was in that place.

***

Cal walked over to Alexia. He took her to one side. "Where's Charlie gone?" He asked.

"None of your business. We shouldn't even be talking. You're the reason my sister isn't here," Alexia said as she looked at her.

Cal rolled his eyes. "It has nothing to do with the fact we both had sex. It wasn't only me there that night,"he said.

"That's true. But I wanted to admit to everyone what had happened. Seemingly you didn't want that," she told him.

***

Charlie was sitting by Mia's bedside. He didn't want to lose his daughter. He wouldn't cope. He knew Alexia wouldn't cope. Especially with how Alexia was blaming herself for what happened.

Little did Charlie know that Mia's accident was about to ruin everything back at the ED.