Thirty Three

Mia knew how things had been since Cal had ended their relationship. She had been staying with her sister knowing how Cal had told her that they were over.

She knew Aaliyah had been looking around for her daddy. But he never came when she cried. Mia knew it had to be confusing for her. And she never wanted it for her daughter.

She wanted her to have everything she never had. She knew how she had her dad. But she never knew her mum. And it wasn't easy. But she wanted to make it work with cal. Even if he wouldn't talk to her.

Mia knew how they had overcome everything that had happened. And she thought they were meant to be. But it wasn't. It was the opposite of easy.

Cal had gotten her own sister pregnant. And she had forgiven him. But because of how Taylor had taken the baby from him, he was lashing out at her. And she wasn't going to take it from him.

All she knew was that she needed to make it seem okay for her little girl. But she wasn't sure on how much she could do with that.

Morning came and she walked into the living room. She saw Alexa there and sat with her. "Thanks for taking us in. I know it's hard with two babies here," she said.

Alexa smiled and shook her head. "You're my sister. So if I can help, then I want to. I'm not going to see my sister and my niece on the streets. I'm happy you're here."

Mia sighed. "I just... I don't know. I want to be with Cal. But I look at how he's acting with me. And I just don't know what I'm supposed to do," she told her.

"Simple. Don't take his crap from him Mia. You're amazing. And if he can let you go after a stupid petty argument, then you need to sit and think about whether or not you can make it work," Alexa said.

***
Mia went into work. She saw Cal walking over to her. "I want to see Aaliyah tonight. If you don't mind," he said.

"No. You can have her overnight. I know she's missed you."

Cal nodded. He sighed. "Maybe we should sit and talk about things. Tonight when you bring Aaliyah, we can talk," he told her.

Mia just nodded. She knew it was what she wanted. But she wasn't sure how the conversation would go. And she was worried. "Whatever we say, the other person cannot get angry," she told him.

"I agree."

***
Cal opened the door and took Aaliyah. Mia walked into the flat and sat down. She sighed. "You said you wanted to talk?" She asked.

Cal nodded. "Yeah. I know I love you. And I want to be with you. I just... Im hurting over the whole Taylor situation. She took a baby that could have potentially be mine. And I lashed out at you. So I'm sorry," he told her.

"I get that. I just don't like how you made me feel like it was my fault," Mia said. She looked to him. "Where do you see our relationship heading?" She asked.

"Honestly? I don't know."

Mia looked to him and sighed. But were things going to be the way they used to be?