Thirty Two

Things with Mia and Cal were tense. She didn't know what it was. But she was worried about him. Ever since Taylor had turned up, their relationship had been strained.

Mia didn't know what to do. But she knew it couldn't go on. She needed to sort it out. She knew how it was affecting Aaliyah too. And that was what Mia didn't want.

She had never wanted her little girl to be affected by what was going on. But she was. And she hated it.

Things weren't easy at all. And Mia just wanted it to be okay. She just wasn't sure. She hated how Taylor had caused so much fuss with her and Cal.

Mia didn't know what else she could do. She just needed to get through to Cal and make him see that she wasn't the enemy.

Mia felt alone. She knew that things had changed a lot more than she thought. And she was scared. Scared that she was going to lose him all together. And she didn't want that.

She just wanted things to be how they used to. Before Taylor came back. But she knew it wouldn't happen. Not while he was still obsessed.

All Mia knew was that her life had fallen apart. And she just couldn't handle it. She missed the way it used to be.

Mia walked into the living room that morning. She saw Cal sitting on the sofa. She sat with him and sighed. "Look. You and I. We need to talk. We have a daughter who needs us. she doesn't need to see us arguing or fighting. I don't know why you're pushing me away. It wasn't me who told Taylor to take that baby and run. I wanted goi to get answers. You deserve answers," she said.

Cal turned to her. "Do you not think this was hard for me? I thought I had another child. Only to have her ripped from my arms. You don't understand," he told her.

"I'm trying to understand Cal. I honestly am. But you're not making it easy at all. You're pushing me away. You're not even looking after Aaliyah. And you're upsetting her. She needs you too. More than the baby that might be yours. I don't like how you're treating us."

"Let's break up then. Because it's clear I'm not making you happy. It's clear to me that you're not happy. So go."

Mia frowned. She looked to him. "Is that what you want? Like really what you want?" She asked.

Cal nodded. He stood up and walked off. Mia sat there as tears rolled down her cheeks. Not wanting to believe what had happened.

***

Mia went to work. She saw Alexa and walked over to her. She had been crying. "Mia? What happened?" Alexa asked.

"I think me and Cal have broken up. He told me that I wasn't understanding of what happened. He said he's not making me happy. I don't know what to do. I've done what I can."

Alexa sighed. "He's hurting. But it doesn't give him the right to upset you. Give him a few days. Come and stay with me and Iain," she told her.

***
Mia walked into the flat. Cal was sitting on the sofa. She sighed. "I'm going to stay with my sister. In case you wanted to know," she said.

Cal just nodded. But was this the end of Mia and Cal? Or would they find their way back to each other.