Twenty-Six

Mia couldn't help but notice how distant Cal had been. She felt like their relationship was falling apart. And she didn't know how she felt about it.

She woke that morning and saw him sitting on the sofa with Aaliyah. Mia smiled. "Hey. How's our girl?" She asked.

Cal looked to her and kissed her. He smiled. "She's perfect. Look, I'm sorry if I've been a bit off lately. I just haven't felt myself."

Mia nodded and smiled. "I gathered. But it's okay. I have to ask though. Is this anything to do with Bella? I know you were having second thoughts about your rights," she said.

Cal sighed. "I don't know. I just don't feel like it was the right thing to do. But I'm not going to mess up anything."

Mia smiled. "I'm going to see her today. Do you want to come?"

"It's best I don't. I don't want to get attached to her," Cal said.

Mia took Aaliyah from him and smiled. She kissed him. "It's going to be okay. I promise you. I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Mia and Cal arrived at work. Cal kissed her and walked off with Aaliyah. Mia sighed. She could see how much he was struggling and she hated it. She hated how he was so broken.

Mia sighed as she walked up to Maternity. She sat with Alexia. She sighed. "I don't know what to do about Cal. He's so miserable and it's horrid."

"About Bella?"

Mia nodded and sighed. "Yeah. I think he's wanting to be in her life. But he doesn't want to ruin what you have with Iain."

Alexia sighed. "It's too late. He signed his rights over. I wish I could do something. But he signed them away," she mumbled.

Mia nodded. She smiled. "It's not your fault. I just don't think he planned on wanting to be in her life. I asked him to come and see her with me. He said he couldn't," she said.

Alexia took her sister's hand. She smiled. "I'll talk to Iain. See if we can come up with something so that Cal can see her."

Mia smiled slightly. She knew that it was going to be awkward. But she wanted to make Cal happy.

***
Cal was sitting in the staffroom. He smiled and looked up as Mia walked in. She kissed him. "what do you say, we go home tonight, my dad and Duffy are going to have Aaliyah. And we can cuddle up in bed and maybe you can slip me something?" She said.

Cal smirked and nodded. He kissed her. "Thank you. For being there. I know I've not been the easiest to deal with lately. But I'm grateful for everything you've done for me. I love you."

"I love you too. I'm always here for you. You've had to deal with so much lately. And I want to support you. With all you want to do in life," Mia said.

Cal pulled her close. He smiled. "You, me and Aaliyah. That's the only family I could want," he said.

***
Cal and Mia were in the middle of having sex. Cal grunted as he released his load into her. He smirked as he felt her walls clench around him. "Babe," she moaned.

Cal pulled out and kissed her. He knew that things were complicated right now. But he had to hope that they could get better. But neither had any idea that everything was going to come crashing down. And it was all down to someone from the past.