Six

Mia sighed to herself as she sat on the edge of her bed and ran her hands through her hair as she looked to her phone and sighed as she looked to see that cal was calling her. Her head was a mess and she couldn't stop thinking about cal and it was driving her mad. She didn't want to develop feelings for him, not now and not after everything that he had done to her. Mia knew hat it would be for the best if she stayed away from him. She had too. Mia got dressed for work and pulled her head into a ponytail and groaned as her phone rang again and smiled as she saw a text off of Charlie. She sent a reply to him and smiled. She knew that she needed to be there for him. She knew that he wasn't ill anymore but she knew he had no one else in holby and she missed him and wanted to be there for him now.

Mia got to work and walked into the ED. She cursed to herself as she saw cal and ran off towards the staffroom and groaned to herself. She didn't know what she was doing by avoiding him but she knew she had to face how she felt. She knew that it was for the best. She knew even though cal had cheated on her and hurt her last time that it might not be the same. She could tell he had grown up and she knew that she had to face how she felt for once and for all. Cal walked into the staffroom and smirked as he looked to Mia "there you are, I've been looking for you" cal said "well I'll talk to you later. I have to get to work" Mia said as she walked off.

***

Later that day, Mia sighed as she walked into cubicles and sighed as she saw cal who had a cut on his head "what happened to you?" She asked as she started to clear him up to do some stitches "I tried to play the hero didn't I?" He said as she looked to him and rolled her eyes "no chance there then" Mia said as cal looked to her and smirked. He turned to face her and smirked "well Rita did say if you want something that you fight for them. She did say that it's better to share it with someone, someone you love" cal said as he placed a hand on top of hers as she looked to him and smiled "I mean you Mia, I love you" cal said as she closed her eyes and sighed "I know, I know you do"

***

Later that day, Mia stood watching and sighed to herself as she saw cal as a patient stood flirting with him. She couldn't help but feel annoyed by it. Mia sighed to herself as Charlie walked over To her and smiled as she looked to her "you know it's not a crime to give him a second chance, I know how in love you were with him" Charlie said as Mia looked to him and sighed "I was but you also know just how much he broke my heart" Mia said as Charlie placed a hand on her arm and smiled "tell him how you feel before it's too late" Charlie said as Mia sighed to herself.

Later that day, at the end of her shift. Mia walked out of the ED and sighed to herself. She was going to tell cal the truth, of how she felt. She walked over to where cal was with max and smiled "can we talk?" She asked as he smiled "sure" he said as they walked to the side as she ran a hand through her hair and frowned and felt the colour drain from her face as she saw Taylor. "What is if?" Cal asked as he turned around and saw Taylor looking to them "hi cal" she said as Mia frowned wondering if it would ever be the right time for her and cal.