Twenty-Eight

Mia could tell that Cal wasn't himself and she was worried about him. She knew that there was something bothering him.

That morning, Mia woke to hear voices. She grabbed Cal's shirt from the floor and left the bedroom. Cal was there and so was Ethan. "Morning," she said as she looked to them.

Cal smiled. He kissed her. "Everything is good. Nibbles just came to bring Aaliyah's teddy back. He knows how much she loves it," he told her.

Mia frowned. She knew that there was something going on. And she knew he was lying to her. But she didn't say anything. "Right. Okay. Well I'm going to get dressed."

"Okay babe."

***
Mia went into work. She smiled as she saw Alexia with Bella. She walked over to her. "Hey. How are you?" She asked.

Alexia smiled and nodded. "I'm okay. This madam keeps me up all the time and I'm tired. But I'm all good. How's things going with Cal?"

Mia sighed and shrugged. "I don't know. I feel like there's something going on with him. Ethan was there earlier. And Cal told me he was bringing Aaliyah's teddy back. I knew the teddy was still in the flat. So he's lied to me."

Alexia frowned. "Why do you think he's lying?"

"I don't know. Just how he's acting. And I'm worried. I just don't want to lose him again."

Alexia smiled and took her hand. She looked to her sister. "It's going to be okay babes. I promise," she said.

"I don't know."

***
Mia stood in the staffroom. She looked to see Cal as he walked in. He smiled. "Hey. You okay?" He asked as he kissed her.

Mia nodded and sighed. She looked to him. "Yeah. I'm good. I'm just worried about you."

"Why? I'm fine."

Mia nodded. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't think you are. I think you're hiding something from me."

Cal shook his head. "No I'm not babe. I promise you."

"Okay."

The two of them kissed and Cal walked off. Mia knew that something was going on with them. And she didn't want to deal with it.

***
Cal was walking around the ED. He saw Taylor and sighed. "Look. You need to go. You're not going to ruin everything for me."

Taylor smiled. "I missed you. And you know I did."

Cal rolled his eyes. "Look, I've got a family. I have Mia and we have our daughter. Therefore back off. You don't get to do this anymore. You don't get to mess with my head," he told her.

"Please Cal."

Cal shook his head. "No. Get lost."

***
Mia had heard how Taylor was back. She was mad. She wanted to know why she was there. She wanted to know what she wanted.

Mia walked towards Cal. She smiled. "So what is Taylor doing here? I know there's something going on."

Cal sighed. "I don't know what she wants. She hasn't told me. All she's said is that she misses me. I've told her about you and Aaliyah. Nothing is going to ruin that. I promise."

Mia looked to him and nodded. But could she trust him? Knowing that he had cheated once already?