Twenty four

Mia and Cal walked into work. Aaliyah was in daycare. Cal looked at Mia. "You okay?" He asked as he looked at her.

Mia nodded. "I'm fine. Listen I know you're still upset. About the fact you signed over rights to Bella. But you will see her growing up," she said.

"Who's Bella?"

"It's what Iain and Lex are naming the baby. Isabella-Esmè. I didn't think you'd want to know," Mia said.

Cal nodded. He kissed her and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too. Now go save lives you sexy man."

Cal winked and walked off. Mia knew that she and Cal were in an extremely complicated situation. But she wanted to make the most of it. She wanted to make it work.

***

Mia smiled as Alexia walked in. "Hey. Maternity leave starts today. You excited?" She asked.

Alexis shrugged. "I don't know to be honest. It feels like it shouldn't be happening. I got pregnant by your baby daddy and I feel so ashamed," she said.

"Don't. Look me and Cal have sorted it. We're making it work. It'll take us time to get back to how we used to be. But I know we can do it. Okay? You need to move on from it. I forgave you. And I forgave him," Mia said.

Alexia nodded. She looked at her. "Is he still being secretive?"

Mia sighed. "I don't know. I feel like there's something going on with him. But he won't tell me which is making me worry that he's hiding something."

Alexia smiled slightly. "Talk to him. I'll have Aaliyah tonight if you want. You two need to talk. Especially if he is hiding something."

***

Iain looked up as Cal walked towards him. Iain smiled. "Alright mate?" He asked.

"I think I made a mistake. Signing my rights over."

Iain sighed. "I knew this were coming. I don't know what to say."

Cal nodded. "I'm not going to do anything to result in me getting my rights back. I just wanted to let you know. I can't tell the girls."

"Thanks mate. I appreciate it. We'll have to talk to Lex and Mia. See what they say," Iain said.

"Thanks."

***

Mia was sitting in the staffroom. Cal walked in and smiled. "Hey. So what do you say we get someone to babysit for us. And we have a night in bed?" He said as he kissed her.

Mia sighed. "Alexia is having Aaliyah for us tonight. We need to talk. It's important," she said.

Cal frowned as he sat opposite her. He sighed. "I haven't cheated," he said.

Despite how she was worried,Mia found herself laughing. "No. I know you haven't cheated babe. I just think... well I know that there is something bothering you," she said.

Cal said nothing. He kissed her and walked off. Not wanting to get into it at work.

***

Cal and Mia were cuddled up in the flat. Mia sighed as she looked at him. "Are you okay? We're on our own. So let's be honest with each other."

Cal looked at her. He kissed the top of her head. "Not that I'm going to do anything, but I regret signing away my rights. I just know deep down, I would love another baby."

"Is that really what's bothering you? Or is it something else?" She asked.

"That's it."

Mia sighed and nodded. But she couldn't help but worry there was more to it than what Cal was saying.