◘step 4

Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"Ni, are you okay?" Harry asked while we're driving towards the school. He gave me a lift because I'm too lazy to drive today. And to have an excuse.

"Of course I am Haz." I replied, smiling a little.

I feel restless since what happened with Zayn yesterday. Everytime I remember what happened, I feel breathless, like I can't breath. Just like right now. I pulled the neck lining of my hoodie down and cleared my throat. Fuck.

"I'll still give you a lift later right?" Harry asked Niall again once he properly parked his car in the parking lot. Niall nodded.

"Yeah. Don't leave me alright? I don't wanna walk!" And he left the car running inside the school. 

I wish this day will end soon. 

But the world isn't on his side right now. The hours dragged and dragged and it seems like the bell wouldn't ring, until it did. Only it's the bell for lunch. Niall sighed over and over again. He can't stand or sit still. He always have this need to move or just do anything and it irritated Luke who he had been with since the first period.

"Will you calm the fuck down Horan? You're like a little girl who wants to poop!" He exclaimed and Michael laughed who joined them on the third period.

"Alright, what's with the cursing now?" Ashton suddenly popped on their side together with Calum.

"You're lover here can't calm down. He can't even sit still earlier the teachers have been scolding him repeatedly." Michael reported.

"I just feel restless that's all. I'm okay." Niall immediately said hoping Ashton wouldn't asked more and thankfully he didn't. Calum remained silent since this is not his crowd. Ashton is the only one he's really close with here.

They sat on their usual table- the 'popular table'. Niall and Ashton doesn't really like sitting here but Niall is already bothered enough to care what table they were sitting on and Ashton is preoccupied with Calum discussing something about their lesson earlier with him.

"-Niall!" 

Niall looked up when he noticed a hand waving in front of his face and saw that everyone's looking at him. "What?"

"I've been talking to you for the past ten minutes and you wouldn't respond." Asnwered Louis who Niall didn't noticed were there.

"He's lying. He just arrived here like five minutes ago." Luke interjected in which he earned a smack at the back of his head courtesy of Louis.

"Shut up. Anyway, why do you seem so out of this world?" Louis inquired and everyone's attention is on him again and Niall feel pressured.

"I'm not." He answered and he winced at how weakly he came off.

"Bull. Spill Niall." Louis urged.

Niall shook his head, "It's nothing really... Just... Just..."

"Just...?" Louis said with his right eyebrow raised.

Niall looked all around the cafeteria and saw Harry entering together with Mr. Payne. Bingo. 

"I'm, uh, just nervous about my next period, s'all," He said. "Y'know, Mr. Payne and his Music subject and that shit."

Calum decided to actually talk to him. "I thought it's one of your favorite subjects?"

"Yes but Mr. Payne doesn't tolerate... studdents like me. If you know what I mean? He might scold me in front of the class later."