step 18

"Same old shit but a different day."

••••••••••

Niall sighed and adjusted the strap of his backpack. Am I really ready for this? He kept on asking himself the same thing over and over again. He doesn't think he's ready yet, to be honest. But he was forced, and he can't say no. Because saying so would mean death for him. So he sighed again and gulped and sighed and prayed.

Dear Lord, please give me the strength to make it through this day.

And then he started walking inside his school.

A lot of students are already littering around, it's twenty minutes before the bell rings anyway. Niall just walked from their house to school, stalling time. He really doesn't want to go to school.

He's quite good in school. Good as Harry actually, and he's qualified to be one of the special students but he rejected the offer (he doesn't need another reason to be treated extra super special by other people). But just because you're excelling in school doesn't mean you already love it. No, it's the exact opposite.

Like, the only reason he's still attending class is because he knows he needs to in order to have a 'bright' future and because he's already a big disappointment to Harry's parents and he doesn't like the feeling.

And maybe also because Harry will personally plot his own death. You see, education- to Harry- is very important.

It's kinda scary how you're whole life depends on how successful you are as a teenager, ain't it?

♡♤♡♤

What really sucks about being here in school today is the fact that Ashton is still isn't talking to Niall. (And also because Principal Mayhem scolded him for a good hour.)

Ashton knows about the bet but when he found out that Niall and Mr. Malik kissed inside their school, he got pretty angry. He just thought that Niall knew better than to kiss their teacher in a place where someone might see them and report them and get him expelled and Mr. Malik fired.

The bet and the plan is just about seducing Mr. Malik- not get him lose his job.

It's lunch already and their friends can sense the tension between them since this morning.

Niall just arrived on their table and is about to sit when he realized that the only vacant seat is beside Ashton and Calum. He looked at other side and saw Luke, Michael and Louis sitting together.

"Hey Luke, I wanna sit on your chair."

Everyone looked up at him, surprised, except Ashton.

He raised his right eyebrow at them and sassily said, "What? Can't I sit beside Michael now? I wanna sit with him. "

"But you never want to sit beside him!" Luke protested.

"Yeah well now I want to," he then sighed,  faking annoyance. "I want to eat already okay and you're on my seat so get up now."

Niall almost forgot the power he had on his set of friends until Luke scampered away from his seat and sat beside Ashton, muttering how unfair Niall is.

They all ate in silence afterwards. Awkward silence. Niall doesn't like it, so he broke it. He's the one who caused it after all.

"I'm not doing the bet anymore. Call me a pussy or what but I'm not doing it anymore."

They looked at him, surprised. Again. And this time, Ashton included.

Louis immediately asked questions. "But why? He didn't hurt you did he? What happened?"