◘step nine

"But I won't hesitate no more, no more it cannot wait, I'm yours.." 

• • • • • • • • • • 

"That was ridiculous Niall! Someone could've seen you!" Ashton reprimanded Niall when the blonde lad told him what happened with Mr. Malik last Monday. It's the first time that they actually met and had the time to talk this week since Ashton was so busy with the student council and everything.

"I know. But no one saw right?" I said.

"But still... Ugh. Please be careful Niall. I just don't want you to be the talk of the town again."

Michael snickered. "He already is, Mr. Geek."

Ashton glared at him but raised his left eyebrow at Niall questioningly who in turn raised both of his hands, as if surrendering.

"What? I don't know. I didn't do anything." Niall turned to Michael to ask him instead. "What are they saying Mikey?"

Michael shrugged "That you're turning holy!"

Niall frowned, what holy? 

"Because no one ever seen you with someone for two weeks now except Louis. They figured it's taking you a long time finding a new boy or girl toy, somethin' like that."

Niall laughed, amused. "They're seriously talking about that? Even my having no new person flirting with is a big issue for them? My God, they must be really bored."

Ashton disagreed. "Nah, you're really just a big part of their everyday life Niall, you should know that."

"Psh. Why are they even talking about me only? There's you and Harry too."

"Speaking of Harry, he's been looking for you Ni." Michael interrupted again.

"Did he tell you why?" 

"Nope," Michael answered, popping the 'p'. "'cept that he's really furious at you. He hasn't seen you since Monday he told me."

"You must go see and talk to him now Ni." Ashton said.

Niall pursed his lips, he's not in the mood. He ignored Ashton and turned to Michael, pretending that he didn't hear Ashton.

"Where's Luke anyway? You and him separated is a rare sight."

Michael scoffed. "He's smoking. I don't like it when he's smoking."

They all became silent after that. Ashton continuing to read the book he was reading before, Michael messing with his phone and Niall staring blankly at nowhere.

He's thinking if he should go meet Harry now. It's already Thursday and he'd been avoiding the curly-haired lad since Monday. Harry didn't do anything wrong, really. Niall is just being his stupid self and having some issues. Issues which even Harry himself can't prevent from sprouting. Niall knows he's being childish.

I need to suck it up. Harry is really nice and I don't even know why I keep giving him a hard time. 

"'I'm going solo later. In Music."

The two boys looked at him surprised. "Really?" Ashton spoke first.

"Yeah, figured gotta impress Mr. Payne right?"

"What about your fear of the crowd?" Michael reminded him.

He shrugged. "Just suck it up. Listen, Mr. Payne is failing me I know that. I need to get myself higher in his class. And if it means, facing one of my biggest fears, then why not? Who knows I might conquer it even."